Home Non Cigar Related

I lost?

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ever make a bet with your wife about something that she thought she was right and it turns out she was wrong and you still lost the bet?

I'm still confused how that works.
 ;) 
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marriage.....it's kind of like the New Math. I'm sure someone, somewhere understands it but the rest of us fake it until you make it.
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's kinda like if I'm all alone in the forest, with no one around for miles, and I say something. Am I still wrong??   :p
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Rule #1 to a successful marriage 
    When shes right shes right and when shes wrong shes still right. Married 19 years and counting. That was told to me 15 years ago by a man who had been married over 50 years at the time.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    42 years and counting! Pick your battles wisely!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confusion results when you try and apply logic and reason to marriage.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I occasionally tell my child bride she's from the planet Nacluv - the reverse of Vulcan, where Mr. Spock was from. There is absolutely no logic on the planet Nacluv....  

Oh, BTW, 56+ years and counting......   B)
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In May, we hit the 30 year mark and I've been confused since the day the judge pronounced us husband and wife.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    I occasionally tell my child bride she's from the planet Nacluv - the reverse of Vulcan, where Mr. Spock was from. There is absolutely no logic on the planet Nacluv....  

Oh, BTW, 56+ years and counting......   B)
    Agreed.  Early on in my 2nd marriage I tried using logic.  "That's your logic"  she says, "MY logic is..."

I wasted another hour trying to explain that logic isn't subjective.  No result.  My weapons are logic, common sense, facts, mathematics, widely held scientific views.  Her armor is impenetrable to these, they make not a dent.

Good luck, @0patience , might as well sit back and try to figure out how to enjoy your loss.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Arguments happen, you bring irrefutable proof to the table.  Then she drops the bomb,
    "I reject your reality and submit my own."
    Then she usually drops the mic and walks away.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two handball courts at the YMCA in Elkton MD. The court on the right has a sign saying: "Court #1 -- reserved on the hour". The left hand one has a sign on the door saying : "Court # 2 -- reserved on the half hour". That's right, they numbered them right to left, Hebrew style. Hence, the following:

Last night, we had # 1 reserved at 5:00. At 5:30, we were interrupted by a pair of women trying to shoo us out of there cause they had reserved racquetball court # 2 for 5:30. We pointed at the number on the door. They repeated their demand. We pointed to the number on the adjacent door. "No, We reserved 5:30." We pointed at "..on the hour". ... Fast forward five minutes later when they finally gave up on us two ignorant men and flounced in disgust to the next court. 

We closed the door, looked at each other, and both uttered: "women".

Logic, math, and spatial relationships. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @dirtdude would say "just keep shaking my damn head".
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule #1 - The wife is always right.
    Rule #2 - If the wife is wrong, see Rule #1.

We cops are serial marriers.  After my second divorce, I memorized the above rules and everything is working fine.