Home Cigar 101

What to buy in Cuba

otreblaotrebla Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Cigar 101
Hi everybody; in 2 weeks I'll go to Cuba for 10 days. I smoke cigars, but I'm not an expert and I like medium to full body cigars.. any suggestion about what to buy in Havana?
Thank you

Answers

• raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    A lot of people will probably recommend the Cohibas (if you can find them), but If I were going to Cuba, or asking people to get cigars there for me, the only brand I'd buy is San Cristobal de la Habana in a smaller (under 50) ring size. The best cigar I've ever smoked, period. Medium strength, creamy, malty flavor and overloaded with the unique "carbonated fizz" characteristic of great Cuban cigars. 
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Go to the Hotels and buy from rollers there. Unless your buying from a Habanos SA shop you are probably gonna get fakes. If it looks to good to be true price wise, it probably is. You are getting a chance of a lifetime to visit and smoke seegars from some of the greatest rollers in the world.

Do a search of custom rollers in Cuba and you see that many offer great smokes that are well priced. 

You can get cc's anywhere today but to meet and buy from some of the rollers below is not an everyday experience. Enjoy the trip.

I would highly recommend Jorge Lopez, Juanita Guerra and Alex Gonzalez.

http://www.cigarinspector.com/cuban-cigars-info/havana-custom-rolled-cigars#ixzz3zlP4YAQo

• Alejandro Gonzalez Arias: Hotel Comodoro Cigar Shop at 3ra Ave. & Calle 84, Playa. Read more about Alejandro Gonzalez Arias in this article.
    • Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China': Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana
    • Yolanda Medina: Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa
    • Maria: Quinta y 16 LCDH at 5ta Ave. and Calle 16, Miramar
    • Jorge Lopez: Club Havana LCDH at 5ta Ave. between Calle 188-192, Playa
    • Reynaldo Gonzalez & Jorge: Conde de Villanueva LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja
    • Juanita Ramos Guerra: Hotel Melia Cohiba LCDH, at Paseo Ave. between Calle 1 & 3, Vedado
    • Milagro Morales: Hotel Nacional LCDH at Calle 21 & O, Vedado
    • Arnaldo Alfonso Ibanez: Hotel Palco LCDH at 146 Ave. between Calle 11 & 13, Playa
    • Update Jose (Cueto) Castelar: Parque Morro-Cabana Cigar Shop, Havana.

Read more: http://www.cigarinspector.com/cuban-cigars-info/havana-custom-rolled-cigars#ixzz4OssVukZ5 

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cohibas in the glass top are best.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Houston we have a problem

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?