Home Non Cigar Related

Do you have a...

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
Paranormal experience you'd like to share. I love watching Ghost Adventures and especially Dead Files. Lame-- sometimes but pretty thought provoking. My only experience is the day after my mom died, the clock stopped at exactly the time she passed. That was 30+ years ago and I keep looking. Please share your legitimate personal encounters. The best story could result in a treat before Halloween!

Comments

• onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 25 years back my ex and I moved rented a house from a friends father. My friend told us that there was a ghost in the house, we were like "ya right, whatever" we were there for about a year and no ghost, nothing. One night we were fooling around and had just finished, that moment where your still together as one, and someone poked me on my right butt cheek, now I KNOW where her hands were, I probably came about a foot of the bed. I kept a Ruger 45 LC in a holster on the bedpost and grabbed it on my way to the floor, came up on one knee cocked and ready! Nothing there, After that it was fairly common to come home and stuff would be rearranged, cabinet doors open, stuff like that. We stayed there another year.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! It seems if people are born as "medians" there's a greater chance of disturbances. They will also manifest in dreams...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    Not a big believer in the paranormal and those ghost shows drive me nuts, but there's one that's been spotted in our living room by several family members (including me), and I haven't been able to keep a stereo running in that room.  
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are 3 instances that I cannot explain and often question whether they really happened. Do I believe in ghosts? I'm native, I believe in spirits, so in a way, I guess the answer would be yes.

When I was younger, I lived in a big house that was over 100 years old.
    There was a room that you went through my room to get to and for years, it was used as storage.
    My brother and I shared my room.
    One night, when I was about 12 or 13, around 2 in the morning, I heard the door to that room open. Most of the doors in the house seemed to have their own unique creak when you opened or closed them and the door to one of the other bedrooms had a habit of opening by itself, so when I heard the door, I became wide awake, because it wasn't the normal door that would come open.

I looked toward the door, it was open and I could see a dark figure walk through the doorway. I couldn't make out any features, just a form. It moved through the room and stopped and looked at me. I flipped the covers over my head and peaked out to see the figure go out the door. We normally kept the bedroom door open, as the only heat to that room came from downstairs. The odd thing is, the stairs are right out the door and I didn't hear anyone go down the stairs.

Then my brother says, "Are you awake?"
    I about jumped out of my skin.
    I told him I was now. He says, "I just saw someone walk through the room. Did you see it?"
    I told him he had been dreaming and to go back to sleep.
    I got up and closed the door and latched the door carefully.
    In the morning, the door was open again.

The next day, we switched bedrooms to the smaller spare room. LOL!

The day my Grandfather died, I came into the living room and my oldest son was about 4 or 5 and he was carrying on a conversation with someone.
    I asked him what he was doing and he said he was talking to Grandfather.
    He never called my father Grandfather, he always called him Grandpa.
    So I asked him if Grandpa called and my son said, "No, not Grandpa, Grandfather, he was here with me."
    I shook my head and figured it was my son being weird, until my Father called me a couple hours later and said my Grandfather died a couple hours earlier. 
    Still not sure what happened, but made me wonder that day.

Years ago, My wife was pregnant with our first son.
    I had been working 12-14 hours a day and he was over due.
    The next day, we were going to the hospital for some "stress' tests at the hospital.
    We were concerned, so I tossed most the night.
    About 3 in the morning I woke up, because it was a little chilly in the room. This was middle of July, so shouldn't have been chilly.
    I looked at the end of the bed and there was an old Indian woman smiling at the end of the bed. I frantically clutched at Missy to wake her up and when she finally woke up, there was nothing there and of course, I look like I've really lost it.. 
    I looked at some old pictures of my great-grandmother and while I'm not certain, it could have been her. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've told this before.  I am/was the world's biggest skeptic.  We moved into our home in NC and there were no problems, although we did do some major renovations, which I have learned can prompt some paranormal activity.

My wife asked me a couple of times if I left my dresser drawer open and I said I didn't think so, but it was possible.  However, it kept happening with my dresser and hers.

One weekend we went away.  Before we left the house, I checked every cabinet and drawer in the house and they were all closed.  When we got back on Sunday, all the drawers and cabinets in the master bath were open!  The house was secure and all our valuables were intact, so there was no break in.

A few weeks later, I was in bed half asleep and my wife was in the bathroom.  She had a stack of books on her night stand and I thought they fell over.  When she got out, I told her that the books had fell over.  The books were still there, but the drawer from a heavy, solid wood night stand, had come out of the night stand and cleared our sleeping dog next to the bed.  He was a very large, long dog and the drawer landed at the foot of a king sized bed!

Since then, there have been several other "incidents."  My wife called me one day and said that her wedding ring came off in bed and she could not find it.  She searched all over the bed and the floor around it and could not find it and she was in tears.  She called me five minutes later and said that the ring was placed in the middle of her pillow!

One day, she could not find one of her watches.  A few days later, she found the watch in the dirt of a potted plant in the dining room.  The watch does not fall off her wrist, he has a very strong clasp.

She called me from school this morning and told me last night, she felt someone tug and pull on the pillow she was holding.  I was not awake and she didn't want to wake me, but she was scared to death.

We have named this spirit "Elgin", why I don't know, but he seems to be pretty benign but he is still scary.  He has not done anything really bad yet, but he does keep you on edge.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no room for skepticism. We have more eyewitnesses to paranormal than skeptics can reasonable deny. 

I was just a wee little feller, maybe four years old. We lived at 1022 Avenue A in Redondo Beach (my mother had pounded our address into our little heads just in case, and I still remember). Someone explained to me who the man on the penny was. That night, I had a bad dream. Had to get up and crawl in bed with Mom and Dad. The man on the penny warned me the president was gonna get shot, I told them. I saw him in his rocking chair. Well, the man on the penny did get shot, they admitted, but that was a long time ago. No, not him, I said. Who, Ike? they asked (Dad liked Ike.) No, I insisted. Not him. The man in the rocking chair.

This is as accurate as I could remember the incident, years later, when I read that Kennedy, famous for his rocking chair, has a secretary named Lincoln, who warned him not to go to Dallas.

My one cent's worth.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never heard renovations prompting paranormal activity, but it may explain what happens in our home.
     The original 900 sq. ft of our house was built in 1950. A contractor bought it and blew out the back to make the 2100 sq ft we have now. I have no history of previous owners.
     On more than one occasion,my wife wakes up in the middle of the night to see either a man in a brown suit, or a woman in a red dress standing by our bed with their arms out and palms up, like a what the hell expression. I have never seen them because there would have to be an explosion to wake me in the middle of the night.
     After the third visit I asked her to wake me if she saw either of them again. She woke me after the next visit , but I did not see anything.
     The next day I had a cigar out back and was thinking about our visitors and said out loud how much I would like to see them.
     I walked in the back door and movement in the front room made me turn my head. The movement was an 8x10 framed picture of us flying across the living room and landing in the middle of the room, 6 ft from the shelf it was on!!
     I do not fear these wandering spirits, but I do wish they would quit bothering my spouse.
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Good stuff fellas!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I have lots, most of which I won't be telling here, but here's a fairly nice one.

Many years ago my 1st wife and myself had a small duplex built in a new housing area.  Her brother lived on the other side, which is a few tales as well, but...

So, one evening as he's getting ready for bed, my then 4 year old son tells me to come with him and "wait for Bobby".

"Bobby?"  I asked

"Yeah, Bobby comes and plays with me at night.  You would like him."

So, I figured he had an imaginary friend.  Waited for awhile.  No Bobby.  He mentioned Bobby a couple days later, and we talked about it for awhile.  Bobby was his age, a little boy that came and played at night.  Came through the access door in the closet.  His insistence about Bobby really coming began to get spooky.  I eventually looked up some appropriate Bible verses, read them aloud while walking through the house, and told Bobby not to come back.

About a year later, when they cleared the lot next door, they turned up a tombstone of a Robert Alexander, born 1791, died 1796.

Bobby.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭

I have always been a conduit for ‘interesting’ things happening in my life and my wife’s after we got married. I have had a young spirit that followed me all over for about 6 years and she brought a very dark male entity with her. It was a very interesting situation. Too long to type.  Maybe another time. But for now ill give you this one. It happened in the first house that my wife and I bought.

We found this perfect little house on short sale several years ago. Built in the early 1940’s, little bungalow, lathe and plaster, arched doorways, warm hardwood floors, old bones and an equally beautiful old yard. From the day we moved in we had felt that we weren’t the only people occupying the house. My wife would always get feelings of a somewhat judgmental motherly force in the kitchen and dining room and a very heavy male force in our garage.  I had noticed these things as well.

While on the couch watching TV we had always noticed shadows moving around in the little ‘hallway’ (a 6x6 foot area between 3 doors to the bedrooms and bathroom and the open doorway to the Living room) it was a nightly event. Until one night I was sitting on the floor playing my xbox and my wife was on the couch reading…. When we both saw a little old woman walk from our bedroom into the bathroom. We both saw it plain as day! In shock we turned to each other and described to the T of what we had seen. She was about 5 feet tall, wearing a white ruffled night gown and had the stereotypical old lady white poofy hair.

The next day I had been working on my hedges when our neighbor came out… risking sounding like a fool I asked him about the owners of the house prior to us and if any had passed away in it. His face drained of all the blood as he said that the original owners both passed away in the house. The husband in the yard and the wife in the bedroom.  I asked him to describe the wife and he described EXACTLY what we had seen the night before.

Shortly after that we had been noticing the male force inside the house. It still occupied the garage but not as heavily. From my spot on the couch we could see through the dining room, into the laundry/mud room and out the back window. At least once a week we could see a shadow cloud taking over the laundry room. It would get so dark and heavy that it would blot out the light from the windows. There were several occasions that the room would look like it was a mile deep and we couldn’t see then end of it.

As the holidays approached the first year in our house we had my mother and her husband over for dinner. As we were sitting on the couch talking, my mom’s husband (Ken) fell quiet and was very distracted by something in the dining room. When asked what it was, he said that the candle lanterns hanging from our ceiling started to sway. They looked as though someone pulled them to the left and let them drop into a sway and once they stopped it would repeat itself. I got up and went to stop the swaying and when I stepped into the dining room the temperature dropped and I was instantly sick to my stomach. Ken followed me in and instantly stepped out saying that he couldn’t be in there. That there was a dark male presence that wanted us out of the house.

Ken sat back down and observed the house as we continued to talk. Shortly afterwards he mentioned that the laundry room looked odd. When I asked what he had meant he only responded with ‘it looks deep…. Like a cave.’ I retrieved my K2 meter and took it into the laundry room and it lit up like a christmas tree. The room felt like there was a heavy fog in it and had a cold heavy feeling of dread and hatred. It eventually faded when we went back to our conversation 15 minutes later.

Random sounds of dishes and glasses clanking from the kitchen, dark shadows and strange feelings until the day we left. Our new house feels lighter and more pleasant. We have yet to experience anything here…. Nor do I want to. Im ready for a break from the paranormal.

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
    jgibv said:
    I once had a terrible, disturbing dream about truly awful, 20 cent cigars.... then the next day, Padilla was selling 5-packs for $1. 

Does that count? 

That would be a nightmare for some, but for some of us, that would be a pleasant dream!

Bump it's weenie time!
  • Bat-mastersonBat-masterson Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Wifes sister died long before i met the wife, so she was not mentioned much.
    Was outside with my 3 year old son one day, wife came out  and said wheres tyler panic mode set in,  and at that time son came from around the house, wife yelled at the boy where were you, son answered  was over  by the big tree and talking to aunt sandy.
    Good stuff guys.. thanks!
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started paranormal investigating about 7 years ago with a group in the S.e. Wisconsin area. I have to respectfully disagree with @webmost in that there is no room for skepticism.  As an investigator,  it is skepticism which allows us to weed out the 'spam'.  Not every bump in the night is paranormal and not every old building is haunted. However, in applying basic logic in debunking, what we are left with is some interesting 'evidence'. 
    One of my favorite experiences happened when I wasn't even investigating. My wife and I were checking out a location for a charity event, an old Victorian mansion/hall owned by the Masonic order. The woman giving the tour was  explaining some of the history and experiences in th building. Half way through the tour my camera stopped working. The batteries were fine but the shutter wouldn't trip. Strange but not what I would call paranormal. Wendy, the tour guide, told me that cameras had been affected on several occasions in the house. Once the camera started working again, the autofocus didn't want to lock in, as though something was in between the camera and what I was taking pics of. Again, weird but not spooky. As we walked through I noticed what seemed like shadows moving around corners when we approached and movement behind doors. The best part was when  walked into what was once the children's room and a book flew off a shelf and landed about 8ft away on the floor. The tour guide freaked out, my wife was creeped out and I wanted to stay and investigate more! 

Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
    @YankeeMan you got a PM
  • CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    I don't really believe in the paranormal. But when me and my cousin were about 7 we were walking down the hall in my grandmothers house and in the mirror we could see a man sitting in a chair that did not exist in the living room. It looked just like our grandfather whom died before we were born. He waved at us and disappeared.
    Bigshizza said:
    @YankeeMan you got a PM
    I wrote you back, let me know if you got it.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Nothing to see here...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    Did ya get it Rick? Thoughts?
    Bigshizza said:
    Did ya get it Rick? Thoughts?
    PM sent.  Thank you so much!
    @Bigshizza- I said it was an never ending story.  My son and is girlfriend are visiting with us for a while.  Two days ago, he came downstairs and found his wallet and car keys on two different steps.  They had been on his nightstand!  Later, he had his cell phone in his jacket pocket and went in to take a shower.  He came out and could not find his cell phone.  His girlfriend called his phone an it was in the drawer in the nightstand where he never puts it.  When he put his jacket down, he heard the clunk of his cell phone hit the chair.  When he got out of the shower, it was in the nightstand.

"Elgin" at work again!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Yeah yeah, Necro.

So today, I had to order a wifi cam for our house.
    Everyone has been seeing shadows and things go by doorways for a while.
    I know most of us are insane, but I have no explanation. Either light is playing tricks, which I can't see how. And when I walk in the living room and see a shadow flash across in front of the TV, in a dark room, it is hard to come up with a logical explanation.
    One of the kids swear they saw someone with long hair pass by their bedroom door and we searched the house and nothing.
    Car lights don't shine in any windows, cause we are on a dead end street and the last house. So, the lights would only show in the front porch corner and not much else of the house.

Being native american, so may things go through my head. None of which make any sense.

So now, I ordered up a wifi cam, cause the one I hooked up, started to work, then just quit working and another we had up on the cabinet has come up missing.
    Batting a thousand.
    But I'm gonna find out one way or another what is going on.
    I aim to catch what ever it is on video, if I'm lucky.
    If not, then I'm at a loss to explain what is going on.

And of course, the boss lady is mad at me, cause they've been telling me for some time that they've been experiencing things and now that I finally see something I can't explain, I want cameras and stuff to get to the bottom of it. 😄

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've lived in old and new houses and never saw a thing. I guess I'm a skeptic.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call them! @0patience

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭✭✭

Closest thing I have is occasionally my interior hallway, motion detectors go off in the middle of the night. When no one is home.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was but a toddler, the man on the penny visited me at night when I was in my crib. I was supposed to be asleep, but instead I was playing with my fingers pretending they were a truck. I reported to my Mom next day how the man on the penny was rocking back and forth crying about Jack.

This was ten years before Jack became prez.

True story.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)