Home General Discussion

butane fuel

arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
Hello all I am new to using Butane fuel so can you please recommend a good brand. Maybe one that you have found that works best. I have a Xikar brand lighter. I looked up there brand but it says it is only 3x refined. And like $9 a can I found on Amazon  12 cans 300ml Whip-it! 5x refined for $50 is this good butane?
Tagged:

Comments

• miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it. I use Xikar butane.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arch72 I agree with @miller65rod Xikar butane is what I've been using for the last 12 months and have had no issues with it :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I like the Xikar fuel. Having said that, if I can't find Xikar I look for the one that's been refined the most number of times. 

But never use Ronson....  
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had good luck with Lucienne, when I can find it.  Also Xikar.  NO Ronson, avoid Zippo. 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Colibri also has butane.  I've used that for years.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Xikar. I have tried several butanes in my lighter and Xikar performs the best IMO.
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xikar butane is good. 

zippo butane is ok in a pinch.

ronson butane clogged my lighter

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vector
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• NorthsideSmokeNorthsideSmoke Posts: 515 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Colibri as well
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Xikar exclusively.