Home General Discussion

Troop donations - Leccia airdrop

skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
From Sam Leccia via Facebook:

Recent FDA restrictions have forbidden cigar companies from donating cigars to the military.

In order to keep cigars flowing to our brave men and women overseas, I have added a section on the Leccia website to donate cigars.

I am very proud to introduce:

Leccia Airdrop

These are Leccia Tobacco cigars sold at a discount and shipped directly to our military free of charge and tax deductible. Please take a look and share!

http://lecciastore-com.3dcartstores.com/Military-Airdrop_p_69.html

Comments

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know you have been on the auction sites too long when you haven't seen 5 Leccia sticks for $30 ever. That's like triple the price 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea, but it would cost me less to buy a box and ship to them myself.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    yep. 

great idea but those prices are higher than the "everyday" prices you can find around the web..... 

not to mention there's usually "box deals" on leccia products, with boxes of 21 going for $60-80 range.  so sorry if I scoff at a price of 2/$12 or 5/$50.

maybe i'm just cynical, but if a company wants to do something like this "for the troops" the company should charge a fair price to "break even." it should NOT be a "money-making" venture. 
    Post edited by jgibv on

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Gibby here, great idea just wrong execution. I prefer to go CFW anyways so will just stick with that.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    On the other hand...  even though we know Sam is still making a profit on the sticks even at the 'discounted' price, how many other manufacturers/blenders/retailers are doing this?  You and I know we can find these sticks cheaper and donate them to CFW, how many cigar smokers don't know this?  I applaud Leccia for doing something, at least.
    Good points Peter. 

However, off the top of my head I know of 3 large online retailers that either advertise & offer a "Cigars for the Troops" product that's easy to find & easy to purchase.  Or have a CFW section on their website. 

Also, 2 of the local B&Ms are always accepting CFW donations and they also run contests/cigar drives for CFW on a regular basis. 

And last but certainly not least, CCOM has hooked me up with some awesome deals on troop samplers in the past.   Email one of the reps, tell 'em you're putting together a package for the troops, give the rep a budget and the APO/FPO address and they'll take care of the rest.  CCOM has always done a great job with this and I always feel like I've gotten my money's worth & then some. 

Just my $0.02

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *