Home Cigar 101
Options

New Tupperdor

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
I created a new tupperdor today. Pyrex with a vacuum sealed lit that is water tight. Its not large, fit about 20 cigars with a 69 Rh Boveda pack. How long should this be good for?
I put them in the back of a drawer in the spare bedroom. Hope to leave them sit about 6 months to a year. Perdomo Bugotti  and  a few Lot 23s are in it.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's one of the bigger Boveda's, I'd say you're good to go.  A second Boveda wouldn't hurt.

Lots of people have twice the Bovedas that they actually use; half are in the humidor, and the other half are on standby/recharging.  That way you can swap them out as needed.  When they're no longer 'poofy' like a pillow, or you can feel the granules inside the packs, it's time to swap them out.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't through them away when they dry out, get you a second box, put a bowl of distilled water in it, and lay the dry Bovedas in the box to absorb the moister this will recharge them, and you will be good to go. I have been told that the Bovedas last a long time, so you shouldn't be forced to change them out for while, just keep an eye on them.  This is what I have been told, it is all still new to me too. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!