Home General Discussion

Fidel Castro dies.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, unfortunately life is terminal...   :/
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I learned there actually is Fidel Castro toilet paper. 

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The relief and exultation shown by the Cuban American families in Miami was cool to see. 

Sic semper tyrannis
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jarubla said:
    The relief and exultation shown by the Cuban American families in Miami was cool to see. 

Sic semper tyrannis
    Agree. I saw a very short clip and a caption suggesting it was as nearly as big as the Heat winning the NBA championship. 
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And "certain" groups are already re-writing history.....sigh....of course they are the same ones who think Che is a hero.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the past 8 years, there have been some slight changes by Raul Castro.
    Raul has been working building trades with other countries, realizing that Venezuela is barely better off than Cuba right now. And with Venezuela's govt in the midst of an economic crisis themselves, he is attempting to distance Cuba from Venezuela. 

The question now is, with Fidel gone and no longer having any influence over Raul, what will Raul do now? Will he bring Cuba out of the darkness completely or will he maintain the path they are on now and make cautious steps toward slowly bringing Cuba towards a more democratic society?

I don't think he will. I think he will maintain Cuba the way it is and slowly make trade agreements with the US to help Cuba's economy.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    We went into the hallways and sat against the walls with our head between our knees! Like that was going to protect us!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Symbols that children of the 50s, 60s and 70s may remember.
    Air raid drills (Known as Duck and Cover) bomb shelters and Civil Defense.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    had bad leftovers