Home General Discussion

A Great Day

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday Pops turned 57 and we all got together to celebrate his bday. He wanted to have a cigar just him and I so I picked out a couple of really special sticks and brought them over. We sat on the back porch in the low 60's with a light jacket and the sun on our faces listening to Dire Straits Brothers in Arms album while drinking the last of a bottle of Le Peu single distillery cognac from the Hennessy line that I happened to have bought for his bday many years back. Want to send a big thank you to Todd @bandyt09 and Doug @D_Fresh for the cigars we enjoyed. Pops had an MF Lounge Exclusive from Todd that was at least 6 years old if not older as the cello was past yellow and had actually turned brown. And I had a Davidoff Inaugural Bar Band Anniversary from 2/15 from Doug and both sticks were spectacular. After cigars went in for a perfectly cooked boneless leg of lamb and Greek salad with a nice red cab and fabulous company. For dessert we had my wife's homemade from scratch Tres Leches cake. Cael was well behaved and did great the entire time and everyone had a great day. Wanted to share my story and pics with everyone and thank y'all for being part of such a special day, used my DZR @danielzreyes stogie stands and my @Stubble nubber too, thanks all!!

Brett
"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it was a great day Brett .
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time. Happy Birthday, Pops.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Edward and Al, it was all of that and more thanks for sharing in it with me :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Who's that weirdo with the cigar in his mouth in the second Person picture?  Your a lucky man spend as much time with your pops as he will allow.  Sounds like a truly special day!
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    Who's that weirdo with the cigar in his mouth in the second Person picture?  Your a lucky man spend as much time with your pops as he will allow.  Sounds like a truly special day!
    HAHAHAHA thanks brother, it was a great day and I agree that I am very blessed to get to spend so much quality time with Pops :)
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.....I'm glad you had such a great day.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Thanks Jeff, was one for the record books :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks it was!
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a wonderful family day Brett. 
    Do we need to send Cael some pants?  :D
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Guitarded said:
    Looks like a wonderful family day Brett. 
    Do we need to send Cael some pants?  :D
    LOL that boy loves to be pantless or naked, can hardly keep him in clothes haha!
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome Brett. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful! 

Damn!, your Dad's younger than me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outstanding
    A little dirt never hurt
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great day 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful! 

Damn!, your Dad's younger than me.
    I was just thinking that, your dad is not that much older than me, lol.  glad it was a great day, wishing you and your dad many more years together.
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff right there!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your family time.
    It seems your Dad and I have something in common.  Age
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Your Dad got hosed. He should have been smoking the Davidoff lol.

Looks like a great time was had!!

Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A day to be treasured!!!!!! Happy birthday Pops!!
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time, Brett. 
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn he's only like 1.5 yrs older-- now I feel old! Those times are very special when you get older! Congrats
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Special times Brett, cherish the opportunities
    A little dirt never hurt
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome brother. I miss not being able to talk to my dad.