Home General Discussion

Vacuum cleaner?

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
 Anyone have any preference on them. My wife says she wants a new one for Christmas but wants it now! I need to patch the drywall where she threw our old one into. 

Comments

• avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife just got the Shark LIftaway and it is pretty decent so far.  She likes it.  Got a pretty killer deal on it.

I dont use them though so I dont have any input
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My GF use to be a vacuum cleaner, then I married her.  

And that vacuum attachment broke that night?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    My GF use to be a vacuum cleaner, then I married her.  

And that vacuum attachment broke that night?

Nope... it took six months
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Roomba or GTFO.

also WTH does this have to do with cigars?!??  
    I bet you're a flat eather.....
    https://youtu.be/8di5MMxdcZo
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoover WindTunnel T‑Series UH70120, love it. HEPA, rinseable pre-filter (buy a spare), retractable cord. Good ratings, our second Hoover Windtunnel. First is at MIL's. 

My wife was always borrowing my vacuum cleaner (a Fantom years ago) when we were dating, leveraged that into moving in together, then marriage. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    If that is a real Cuban am I going to have to be jealous of a Vacuum Cleaner ?? :( lol
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Roomba or GTFO.

It tunneled a little.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For V-herf de-ashing of myself, my laptop, etc, I prefer my antique electrolux with a natural-hair dusting-brush attachment. 
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    Roomba or GTFO.

@danielzreyes ; good video and all;  but it will never top this review of the monte 2

lolololol

https://youtu.be/S13a1ILHjts

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
     don't buy any of them.

They all SUCK

Oh terrible pun

I have a husky who sheds all year long,  he's killed every kind of vacuum cleaner known to man.
    I have to put pantyhose over the intake fans on my computer's.

I usually just go to Walmart and grab another one.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv said:
    jgibv said:
    Roomba or GTFO.

@danielzreyes ; good video and all;  but it will never top this review of the monte 2

lolololol

https://youtu.be/S13a1ILHjts

this Monte 2 review belongs in the Flat Eath thread
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • GoCardsGoCards Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    My (now) wife had just moved into her first apartment and I bought her a vacuum for her birthday.  I still hear about that 15 years later.

We use a Wind Tunnel bagged.  Figured it would be cheaper to just pull the bags of golden retriever fur out and throw them away instead of buying the filters.
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    We've got a Bissell something-or-other for pets.  That thing is amazing, it sucks like a cheerleader on prom night.
  • ZuluEchoPapaZuluEchoPapa Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I'll second the Bissell. The one I have is great.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got the wall patched and she ordered a Oreck but she said she wants @Opatience to wrap it.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch out that after she picks up the bowling ball with the Oreck that she doesn't chuck it at you for not buying her a nice Christmas Gift instead buying an appliance needed for the household.   :D

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    She may say that she wants a vacuum cleaner for christmas, but i dont advise it. Get the vac help her put it together that night. Makes sure the pretty shiney sparkly things are wrapped and under the tree
    You will be happier in the long run

^^^^ this

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

She has already got her nice Christmas gift. Believe me.

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Miele
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vitamix. company went out of business but if you can find one they are a step above Electrolux, long hose, long cord, powerful suction. 
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My child bride decided on an Oreck some years ago. 

She liked it. 
    I liked it. 
    Now the cleaning lady likes it. 

And the beat goes on......  B)
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roomba ... cause who wants to push the goddam thing around?

Going this very afternoon to fetch one off freecycle

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

Funny Story

We used to have a Doberman name Spirit.  We had left the house for a time and came home to find Roomba dead in the middle of the living room.

It seems that Spirit for some reason saw Roomba as an intruder and somehow knocked it upside down.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    webmost said:

Funny Story

We used to have a Doberman name Spirit.  We had left the house for a time and came home to find Roomba dead in the middle of the living room.

It seems that Spirit for some reason saw Roomba as an intruder and somehow knocked it upside down.

Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to that. Bearswatter has a cute little Bichon. I wanna see her freak out when Roomba roams the room. She's too chicken to kill it; but she'll give it a good talkin to, I'm sure.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)