Home General Discussion

Need Help Finding A Specific Cigar

EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in General Discussion
I have a friend who is looking for a specific La Gloria Cubana.  He's been through all the channels he knows out on the West Coast, but has come up empty so far.  It is the La Gloria Cubana trunk show 2013 in a torpedo box press. I figured that, with the wealth of knowledge here, maybe one of you has seen or heard of some.  Any leads would be great.  Thanks.

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you or your friend tried e-mailing or calling one of the CCOM reps?  (ex: Sean or Andy)

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Have not yet. Thanks!

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a line on the mg8.  Do you know what specifically he wants?
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I've got a line on the mg8.  Do you know what specifically he wants?
    He said La Gloria Cubana trunk show 2013 torpedo box pressed.
    Wow, CCom customer service is quick!  Unfortunately, they didn't have what I was looking for, but they were close.  One year off.  Still on the hunt.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me check-- they were on closeout I think at SB.
    edited November 2016

I don't see a box pressed I think he means the JD-05?

This is the only one I can not find.

Post edited by Patrickbrick on
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    http://smallbatchcigar.com/lagloriacubana-lgctrunkshowliga2013yg23packof5-p-3296.html

Would call about box press as I havent seen that in any reviews
    A little dirt never hurt
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what he is asking about. It does somewhat look box-pressed in this pic. Think you are going to have a hard time finding any available online unless you ask in the after market places.
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

^^ that is the JD-05.  
    MOW badge received.
    @dirtdude, thank you.  I sent him the link.  I had a feeling, with everyone's resources, someone would have a possible lead.  You guys are awesome!
    Well, apparently that wasn't it.  He actually has a couple left of these mysterious torpedo box press, and is trying to find more.  Any other resources?
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you provide a picture of what he has, that might help us.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy the round ones and box-press 'em for him.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Ok, thank you all.  The hunt is over, he found what he was looking for.  Appreciate the input and the help, especially @peter4jc, lol. "Buy the round ones and box-press 'em for him."