Home Ratings & Reviews

AVO or OPUS X?

So question on my mind as I'm deciding which one I should try first the AVO or the OPUS? What is your guys experience with the cigars? Looking forward to trying both this weekend!

Best Answer

Answers

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Opus first so you can wash the flavor out with the AVO ;)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO.... Nice... Doesn't matter which one you try first you're going to be ruined

Have Fun!!!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Flip a coin
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't go wrong with either.
    There is no wrong answer lol
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to back, Avo then Opus. You'll fine the Opus much stronger.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, try the AVO or Opus first
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AVO after lunch, Opus after supper.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the opus...some need more rest/aging then others! I'd go avo but only because the opus needs time to rest. The only time I smoke opus when I get them is when I get them at the b&m and just have no money for a different smoke to buy. Other then that it's more of a 2-3+yrs to try. Avo and opus are very different and really since avo killed the signature line I haven't had many that I was thrilled about. Personally I'd try the pardon lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Thanks for all the answers guys think I'm gonna go with the AVO first and then do an Opus. Hopefully I'm prepared for the Opus punch lol
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    So last night, I smoked an Opus X Chateau de Fuente, which is the Churchill, 7 inches long.   quite a smoke.
    Tonight I'm smoking an Avo LE 11.
    I think it's every bit as good as the Opus, I am enjoying it every bit as much.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • miller65rodmiller65rod Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So last night, I smoked an Opus X Chateau de Fuente, which is the Churchill, 7 inches long.   quite a smoke.
    Tonight I'm smoking an Avo LE 11.
    I think it's every bit as good as the Opus, I am enjoying it every bit as much.

As Lee was saying, add 3-4 years age on that Opus and I am gonna say your opinion would change. 

You need to stow away some of those Opie's and just look at them. It does wonders to most of them. 
    Free Cuba
    "I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Fun fact is that Fuente use to age them for 2 years before releasing them. After supply and demand plus a barn fire they are not! So please aged 2 years before trying
    Money can't buy taste
  • LeftOversLeftOvers Posts: 196 ✭✭
    dumb questyion
  • NowheremanNowhereman Posts: 3
    I've had three types of AVOs and loved them all.
    Have not had an Opus X yet but I own a nice collection of Padrons, AVOs and Olivas that I have been blessed with.
    If the Opus is half as good as these others, it's worth trying.
    Personally, dollar for dollar, I'd spend my coin on Padrons or AVOs or Olivas.
    I could be wrong but my feeling is the Opus X is pretty close to the #9 Drew Estates.
    A very tasty nicotine bomb but well mannered.
    The #9 Drew Estate is substantially less expensive also.
    Try that one.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've only had a few Opus, but always keep AVO in the humi.
    So my answer would be AVO.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.