Home General Discussion

Coolidor

I'm going to buy a cooler after Christmas, now I'm going to clean it with baking soda and water, I'll dry it, now the question I have is humidification what's better Boveda? or beads and IF I use beads how much do I use 2 jars? or can I use beads in bulk in pantyhose?? and where do I get the beads in bulk?? 

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bovedas take up less room, so more boxes can be stuffed in.  Im paranoid so i wash mine with distilled water, then put crumpled newspaper in for a few days then wipe down again using distilled water.  I let it fully dry/air out for a day, then fill it up.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I use an electric system X2 in my 150 qt.  2 hydra SM systems with 3 fans each that only come on when it's humidifying.  I have those fastened to the side of the cooler on the top, with two of them blowing up from the bottom.
    Makes for good air circulation.
    I put 2 in cuz I've always got it open, so it needs to recover quickly.
    I also use the xikar wireless hygrometer.
     I'm a big fan of Overkill
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use boveda in mine. More room for cigars that way.  

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To exchange/circulate the air all you have to do is slam the lid closed every few days.  No need for fans this way. 
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 6 of the big bovedas in my 70qt coolers. I'm still a year on my first set.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Gaetano7890Gaetano7890 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭
    I run Crystals in mine, I can PM you where to get them If you would like.  I have found that pantyhose gives them a odor after a while from getting wet so I have been using bowls.  They sell tubes and bags now made specifically for the beads.  Boveda are great and I use them in my humidor but the nice thing with beads is once you buy your set up for a long time.