Home General Discussion

NYE Cigar

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been visiting my folks this week, taking a break from smoking cigars but not from thinking about cigars. I'm picking out a stick or sticks to help celebrate New Year's Eve, I made a list of some great sticks I got from the great members of this forum this year, has anyone else made cigar plans yet? 

Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Xtra Viejo #77 Shark
Ashton VSG Illusion
Bolivar Habana Cuba
Crowned Heads Tennessee Waltz
Illusione Haut 10

Thanks to all the members of this forum who've made this possible. 
I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but by the time I'm ready to light it, I usually end up grabbing something else.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a Cohiba Red Dot sitting in my humi... has about 5 years on it. :) That thang is getting lit up!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend coming over who likes cigars but has not been introduced to much variety. I'm pulling out some good stuff for us to enjoy tomorrow. 
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a friend coming over who likes cigars but has not been introduced to much variety. I'm pulling out some good stuff for us to enjoy tomorrow. 
    That's a good and generous plan. I just hope your friend isn't as lacking in the social graces as one I tried to introduce to better cigars. He smokes Phillies Blunts. I gave him 5 or 6 cigars that I like and thought he might also. 

Not long after, he gave 4 of them back and told me he couldn't smoke that crap. 

Oh, well.....   :#
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he an Oakie? :wink:
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why, uh, yes, now that you mention it. He is....   B)
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Davidoff Nicaragua and a Sobremesa I've been looking forward to and several other outstanding sticks from some generous borks that I need to get lit.
    jlmarta said:
    That's a good and generous plan. I just hope your friend isn't as lacking in the social graces as one I tried to introduce to better cigars. He smokes Phillies Blunts. I gave him 5 or 6 cigars that I like and thought he might also. 

Not long after, he gave 4 of them back and told me he couldn't smoke that crap. 

Oh, well.....   :#
    Former army ranger who likes cigars but has limited himself to 5 Vegas and Brickhouse. Last time he was over I let him try some new things and he really liked the change of pace. He also enjoys scotch, whiskey and beer.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sobremesa earlier.image
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anejo shark, thanks @bigshizza and happy new year. image

• BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that cigar! Enjoy Chris
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @silvermouse sent me this amazing Blessed Leaf earlier this year. Been waiting for the proper time, and I think tonight is it. Thank You Edward! 
    Luna de los Muertos was just released this week from Tractor Brewing. Best they have made imho. image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Se><y.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @matkn293 wants to give you a kiss?!?
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course I do. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My last cigar of 2016 was an Ashton VSG Illusion from @patrickbrick's last pass, thanks, a great cigar to close out the year. image

• Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    I had a Tatuaje 2015 TAA accompanied with Kilt Lifter Scottish Ale. Yummy!!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plenty of room for some tongue kissin' in there @matkn293.
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Plenty of room for a few things in there.  :D
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Bob_Luken said:
    Plenty of room for a few things in there.  :D
    A-hole!

• EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Those are just beautiful.  #1 on my search list right now.  Can't seem to find them down here.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emcee said:
    Yakster said:
    Those are just beautiful.  #1 on my search list right now.  Can't seem to find them down here.
    I have a half a box of those, still haven't tried one, I'm gonna have to fix that real soon.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.