Home Non Cigar Related

Alt Right ?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a quick question.  Prior to D. Trumps election, has anyone ever heard of the "Alt Right"?  I'm now seeing this nearly every day, complete with pics of n azi-esque looking characters standing around. 

I think it's just Wag-the-dog politics.

sigh... :(
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always understood the alternate to right to be left....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deploraball, get your tickets
    A little dirt never hurt
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Alt-Right" is from Brannon's publication prior to being involved in Trump's campaign. It's a softer approach to racist-white-supremacist propaganda. Look at his views, he embodies the Trump ideals. That's how he made it into the transition team. Call me whatever you want- Libtard, etc.. but this decisive speech will only get our country into deeper trouble.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bigshizza , I don't know who Brannon is, and I'm not likely to call you anything.  I'd just never heard of this.  I have always seen Trump largely as a showman, but the guy's got to be intelligent, regardless of his demeanor.  I am somewhat fearful of what his presidency may bring, but will give him a chance, just like I did Obama.  I was unaware of Brannon, or what he is, or where he came from.  Was this "alt right" an actual movement?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited January 2017
    Bob_Luken said:

I like cigars.  

Me too, and the non-cigar related discussions that take place while smoking them.  I thank CCOM for providing a Non Cigar Related section, so as to be able to do this here.  You know, Jokes, Sports, Politics & the like. 

What you won't find me doing, is **** about all the sports threads that I don't care about.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    Just to be clear,...... I wasn't **** about your thread or otherwise trying to reflect negatively on your thread. That wasn't my intention. I'm not even sure if you are implying that I was but,  I apologize if that's how it looked.  I hadn't heard of alt-right myself until a few weeks before the election. I did a little googling last night and and actually typed up a reply for this thread but then decided that I wasn't gonna say nuthin. People who think they have a clear understanding of this political stuff are sure to be full-o-crap. After giving my fertilizer a re-read,...... I didn't feel like adding my crap after all. 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't help but think it is a buzz word and more stuff to get people worked up about. There was a lot of ish created and spoken about the last POTUS as well. 

Wag as the dog is the new norm, IMHO, and has been for years and years. Meanwhile our freedoms seem more diminished year over year.

But then again, vert de ferk do I know? 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    @Bob_Luken, my apologies as well.  I should never post until I've digested at least one cup of coffee.  I wake up obtunded, then get grouchy enough to drink the coffee, but it gets better after that...

I think.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "obtunded"...first time I've noticed that word, thanks, useful one, gonna add it to my vocabulary. Bunch of smart folks on this forum.