Home General Discussion

Little Big Gar syndrome.

For as long as I've been smoking cigars, Gordos have always been 60 ring gauge or above.
So now, in the last two years, I've noticed "wannabe" smaller gauges being listed as gordos!
Even as small as 56rg!  So what's the deal?  False advertising having it's way or is this cigar PC to help the smaller gauges not feel so bad about their lack of endowment? ;)  LOL
Light up and give your two cents worth on this!

Comments

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually go for corona gordos which is just a longer corona. Other than that I see gordos as typically 6x60.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of ring gauges,.....I smoked, (or tried to,) a 7 x 70 ring gauge a while back. At first it smoked ok and tasted nice but eventually I failed, (or it failed) to draw enough air to avoid a really bad draw situation that ended up with me a bad tasting stick. I think I'll stay below 60 if I can from now on even though I have a few 60's left. I got a few nubs left in a cooler somewhere but they seem to burn real good
  • ZellKeaganZellKeagan Posts: 4
    Bob_Luken, Have you tried the Asylum13 7x70 maduro?  They rock!  I picked up 2 of them yesterday and one is going down today!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked one of those CAO 770 Flatheads, had to buy a 80 ring guage cutter.

Way way too big, smoking the cigar was nearly impossible.

For me though, 60 and up should be called Gordo's
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Speaking of ring gauges,.....I smoked, (or tried to,) a 7 x 70 ring gauge a while back. At first it smoked ok and tasted nice but eventually I failed, (or it failed) to draw enough air to avoid a really bad draw situation that ended up with me a bad tasting stick. I think I'll stay below 60 if I can from now on even though I have a few 60's left. I got a few nubs left in a cooler somewhere but they seem to burn real good
    I was there to witness this.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then there's us handsome fellers whose mouth ain't big enough to handle a 60rg. Right, Peter?  :p

My only exception to that would be perfectos described as 60's. They may be 60rg in the fat middle but the part I stuff in my face is smaller - thank goodness.... I can deal with those.  B)
  • EmceeEmcee Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the bigger ring gauges, either.   A friend of mine bought the Asylum 13 Lock Jaw pack, and gave me one of the 7x70s.  It's been sitting in a humidor for 6 months, mocking me.  I can't seem to muster up the desire to smoke one that big.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've said this before, anything over a 60 gauge, I feel violated!