Home Pipes

Pipe pouches

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
Curious as to what everyone uses for a pipe pouch. I really need to invest in one but not sure which style I want and what works best. I only travel with my cobs and I have them in my work bag in a ziplock with pipe cleaners, a tool, and a couple smaller baggies of tobacco. They get banged up a litte but they have been well abused. I want to carry one of my nice pipes but not sure if I also want to carry a cob or two as well. Do guys dump tobacco into a tobacco pouch or throw a baggie in there? 

Please post some some pics of your set up. 

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I looked at leather pouches, but baked at the prices so I repurposed a Fluke test lead case I already owned. It holds my smaller pipes, cleaners, tools, matches, lighter, and the leather pipe holder strap I had made and tobacco in Ziploc bags. 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a leather pouch, "Julius Max", was about $35 if I recall.  There's room for a couple pipes, a couple tobacco pouches, lighter, pipe tool, cleaners.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat does it do a good job of protecting the pipe from the lighter and tool? That is my main concern if I pack a nice pipe. 
    Yes.  2 pipes, lighter all fit into loops.  No scratching or rubbing that I've experienced.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad price, wonder why I didn't find that when I was looking.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    That is kind of the price range I'm looking at. $30 to $40. I've found a lot of custom pouch makers but the get pretty dang pricey.
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    I bought this one works great the leather is soft and the pouch is removable

Pipe Pouch
    Very nice
    Yakster said:
    Not a bad price, wonder why I didn't find that when I was looking.
    Well, it's been a couple years, and that was just what I remembered it, which could be me remembering what I wanted to pay.  It was at P&C.

edited January 2017
    P&C has Stanwell pouches on sale, "starting at $7.99".

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the post @jsnake, I have been just using the pipe bags the pipes came with.

Going to look at pouches now 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch