Home General Discussion

Winter smoking area Teepee

TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2017 in General Discussion
I have been wrestling in my mind about erecting a makeshift Teepee to smoke in for those cold and wet nights. Pros:
Low cost
Fire pit for warmth
Shelter from the rain and snow 
Privacy 

Cons:
The Wife might make stay in it.

Has anyone tried this before?
Thoughts please.
I was born a fool, and just got bigger!

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With enough room on your property I think it'd be a great idea. From what I've read, the plains Indians lived in them for many generations so they must be a workable idea....  

Just be sure it's large enough so your easy chair isn't too close to the fire.....  :p
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a really neat idea, would love to see pics if it comes together for you!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a large teepee when I was a kid.  Dad just used poles and blue tarps, we had all kinds of fun in it of course.  We slept in it all the time.
    As for the wife might make you stay in it.......well.....make it comfortable, just in case lol 
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
     No garage?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost No garage right now, we have been renting, however, we have stared house hunting, one of the things we have looked for at each property is a comfortable place to smoke, or have a smoking room. 
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I miss that teepee lol
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • TaraLeeTaraLee Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I say do it! It's a great idea, and agree with guys, but would like to add, concerning your "cons" list: A smoking teepee is far better than the dog house... So if you're gonna be in one, might as well be a warm spot with your cigars!!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @webmost No garage right now, we have been renting, however, we have stared house hunting, one of the things we have looked for at each property is a comfortable place to smoke, or have a smoking room. 
    Yevvergetuphere, drop by my cedar lined smoking porch, we'll burn a few. For me, it's that, the garage, or in frigid weather beside the hearth where the fire draws the smoke up the flue.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)