Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Arganese Cigars

transplanttransplant Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
As a preface, my experience with cigars is similar to my experience with movies...I like almost all of them, but definitely like some more than others.  Net, I'm an "easy grader."

I bought an assortment of these in December and started smoking them this month.  Paid about $1.50 per, so I didn't expect any of these to change my life.

The Connecticut is a nice dog-walking/grass-cutting/golfing cigar.  Mild and creamy with plenty of smoke. I'll buy these again.

The Maduro is a nice medium smoke.  Slight notes of sweetness, coffee and cacao (or at least that's what I got).  These will also get another try.

I was mostly unimpressed by the habano (and I generally like habanos).  More harshness than spice.  Probably won't buy again.

I only bought one of the CL3s (bought 5 each of the others).  Just finished it.  Tight draw and even when I managed to open it up a bit, the flavor profile was kinda meh.  It's supposed to be Arganese's "boldest blend," but still meh.  Sorry, but this one goes on my short list of crap cigars.
Kipling was a wise man.

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    I tried some of the Arganese a few years ago and was pretty much underwhelmed so I never bothered with 'em again. But the important part is how you perceive them. Everyone's taste is his own and if you like 'me that's what counts. 

Way too many good cigars out there to spend my time with under-performers IMHO....  B)
  • Options
    That should read 'if you like 'em'....  
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Oh sure.

>:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    Oh sure.

>:)
    Hey!  You pickin' on the oldfart?  I could sic some of my cronies on you, ya know. They may be old but they're not quite as ornery as I am.  :p
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭

I only bought one of the CL3s (bought 5 each of the others).  Just finished it.  Tight draw and even when I managed to open it up a bit, the flavor profile was kinda meh.  It's supposed to be Arganese's "boldest blend," but still meh.  Sorry, but this one goes on my short list of crap cigars.
    I've got some CL3's laying around that I found for dirt cheap. I'd agree completely with your statement here. They would make a perfect mooch cigar or something to smoke when you want a cigar, but you know you don't really have time for one.