Home General Discussion

Vherf

Comments

• NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    @arch72 Going to try again tonight if I get a chance thanks again for the information
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    no problem brother anytime
  • RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vherfing and brewing for a little while
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Hopping on,
    any takers?
    I am on the vherf with Chris

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working late, il be home around 130 and more than likely going to light a small 1, if any late late folk around.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    edited January 2017
    I will smoke with you brother just texted me when you are on @Patrickbrick
    Will do.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be sleeping, going up Frazier Peak tomorrow to work with a tower crew. 
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    I just got on.
    MOW badge received.
    on my way
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone on?
    edited January 2017
    Yes Randy, Phil and I are on

• Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhh, thats Jay... Randy is dirtdude.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

edited January 2017
    I meant that Randy, Phil, and I are on but Phil is off now Nick, Jason and Chris are on now
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there in 10 or so
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
    Sorry guys. Battery died. Nice to see you all
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I read post number one and am pretty sure that it will take me right into it, but when does everyone get one?  Is there a set time?  Does a new guy need to know a secret password? Maybe have to dance around a bonfire juggling chipmunks the first time you log on?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'**** or miss.  Evenings are a popular time, and there's a late night/early a.m. crowd some nights.  As you see, some people post in this thread that they're getting on and inviting others to join.  Just log in when you can and see what you get; it's like box of chocolates.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    vherf tonight maybe?
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    juggling chipmunks ^^! Pictures or you can't vherf.
    juggling chipmunks ^^! Pictures or you can't vherf.

Next time I am up North or you come down South you can take pics.  Kind of hard to do that and juggle at the same time.

You folks that are shooters, probably already know that for breaking in a new barrel you need to dance around the camp fire juggling chipmunks while naked. This being a family orientated forum, pics could never be posted.  Will give it a shot tonight, but I am probably too early for you folks on the west coast.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭
    im an east coaster, well a midwesterner, but am on EST
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    If you post you are on then others can/will join in, beats the hell out of smoking in a cold garage by yourself. My days off are random, when working I probably won't join in the festivities but a morning or afternoon smoke is not out of the realm of possibilities 
    A little dirt never hurt
    No set schedule for me, mostly after dinner smoker, but anytime on weekends, especially in the morning while the wife sleeps in and I enjoy the quiet with my morning coffee. It is never too cold to be outside in South Florida
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well just login to vherf and post you are on, maybe somebody joins in to pass the time
    A little dirt never hurt
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Diver43

As other's have said, there's no set time and some nights more folks jump on than others.  Popular times seem to be 5/8 PM PST/EST and when the weather's nice there's often a late Herf around 9/12 PST/EST.  Often people will log onto the vHerf without posting to the forum, just to see if anyone's on.

You should post that you're getting on and you can jump on the vHerf and just wait to see if anyone joins.  If you're on a PC, you can actually see if there's anyone on before joining, but this trick doesn't work on mobile devices.  Also, the video filters only work on PCs, not on mobile devices, but I prefer to log in from my tablet rather than drag a PC out to my smoking patio.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    it's going to be warm so I am going to try and get on tonight for a little bit. Prolly 9ish
  • Chalupa_BatmanChalupa_Batman Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    I'll be on tonight.. @Yakster and I have a date! ;)