Home General Discussion

Cigar bands everywhere

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I like to save my cigar bands. Always have and I rarely lose any or throw any away. I usually stick them in a jar or empty box etc. So today I go to put on a watch I haven't worn in awhile and I open my watch box and out pops thirty some cigar bands. Go look for a cigar to take and there is a humidor jar, beer stein, and cigar box full of bands. Do you guys collect them and stash them and totally forget where you put them only to be surprised later? The watch box surprised me. The others I knew about and I also have about 300 or so clipped together saved in a box. Interesting to see what has been smoked. These I found today are old from a couple years ago. 

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save them up and when I remember, I send them to twistedstem.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put them in ziplock bags, and send them to anyone that wants them.
    I also save the cellophane for whatever reason......usually when I get a smoke that doesn't have one.
    OCD I guess lol.
    If anyone needs cigar bands let me know.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I save mine also. I keep saying I'm going to do something with them someday.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I just forget where I throw them and get surprised once in a while. Going to stick them all together and send them to someone. 
  • NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Started putting mine on things this came off my first cigar I I ever smoked a my father lebijou image
  • NjbowNjbow Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    Gonna try a lighter next 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless they tear when I remove them, I save almost all of them. I keep thinking I will use them to decorate a table top or something. And, I also have forgotten stashes of them that I find. 
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I do save them. I'm not sure why but, I do. I keep them in an old tin Coca Cola Box next to my Humidor. Will use them for something someday, I guess.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to save them all. Never did anything with them except send them to people. Finally cleaned out all the low end stuff. 
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I saved my for a long time.  Then one day I realized I had too much stuff and threw them away.  I haven't saved any since.