Home Cigar 101

Considering about order those two deals from Cigar.com

DrMundoDrMundo Posts: 24

The recent deals from the cigar.com. 
52 sticks of cigars for only 89.99

for La Perla Habana, I've enjoyed cobre b4, but I've never tried the Gran Habano's cigars b4.
From the most of review site's rated Gran Habano's cigar as good quality for price.

I think this isn't bad, but I want to hear about u experts opinions.
I prefer more in Mild-Medium to Medium and my favorite is Rocky's 1999 vintage.

Comments

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrMundo said:

The recent deals from the cigar.com. 
    52 sticks of cigars for only 89.99

for La Perla Habana, I've enjoyed cobre b4, but I've never tried the Gran Habano's cigars b4.
    From the most of review site's rated Gran Habano's cigar as good quality for price.

I think this isn't bad, but I want to hear about u experts opinions.
    I prefer more in Mild-Medium to Medium and my favorite is Rocky's 1999 vintage.
    They are good smokes in my book. They claim to be long filler but they are mixed from what I've seen. 
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recommend the gran Habano 2000 based on my personal taste. As for the la perla line I say the morado is the best.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the GH Vintage 2002 came out, I thought they were great!  Bought a bundle every month.  I don't know if they changed, or I did, haven't had them in quite some time.  Agree with Bob about the Morado, decidedly their best.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep.  if you're looking for a cheap smoke the la perla's aren't a bad deal. 
    they probably won't knock your socks off but they're constructed well and are a reliable cigar. decent price too, i enjoyed many la perlas when i first got into the hobby. 

the only 2 gran habanos i had were both bad and i now avoid them.  1 of them had beetle holes and i pitched it upon arrival.  the other one tasted like a$$ and i tossed it after about 10 minutes. 

there's a lot of "deals" out there in the $2/cigar price range, and i guarantee you these exact cigars will be on sale again within the next month or two. 

if you want to pick them up, go for it....but don't fall for the old "it's a great deal i have to buy them" marketing trick. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    My suggestion would be to take that money and wait for a SHIZZA sale or something like that. Granted you aren't gonna find $2 sticks or huge bundle deals but Doing so would guarantee you would get quality sticks. Not only that but the guys on here have access to stuff you may have not heard of or isn't on CCOM. There are postings for sale on here from time to time. Just something I have learned since being on the forum.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Image result for sigh
    Now THAT would make a great cigar store Indian!
  • Jay6Jay6 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My suggestion would be to take that money and wait for a SHIZZA sale or something like that. Granted you aren't gonna find $2 sticks or huge bundle deals but Doing so would guarantee you would get quality sticks. Not only that but the guys on here have access to stuff you may have not heard of or isn't on CCOM. There are postings for sale on here from time to time. Just something I have learned since being on the forum.
    I could not agree more. Once I had a GOOD cigar I knew I did not want to ever smoke a bad one again. I would rather not smoke than have a bad one. Just my $.02
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I haven't been a very big fan of the Vintage 2002.  For the most part I have enjoyed all the Gran Habano cigars except this one and the Azteca. 

I'd highly recommend the 3 SLS.  I try to keep 20 of those on hand at all times.  Also the #5 Corojo is by far the most oily cigar I've ever held in my hand, and quite delicious.

No experience with La Perla but I've heard good things.

When I want a mild-medium cigar I like to reach for a Nub Connecticut or Nub Cameroon.  .

Hope any of this helps and good luck.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrMundo, I'd pass on the deal. Buy what you like, not 20 of each of what you think you will like. Best to try samplers of many different kinds or buy a box of the Rocky Patel 1999 Vintage that you said you already like.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.