Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar.com House Blends

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that C.com has a few house blend cigars, but I do not see them mentioned much on the forum. 

Was wondering if anyone on here has taken a chance and ordered some? Suggestions on which to try in a future order or should I stay away from them?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're all "OK".  Mixed fillers.  Usually quite a good wrapper, I've had construction issues with the Cuban Label.  It's been a couple years since I had any, I can almost always find something I'd rather have.  The two I liked best were the Cameroon and the Brazilian, and they stopped both of those awhile back.

The Purple Label is pretty tasty, and very popular with folks just starting out, if you're trying to get someone to give cigars a try, it's a good choice.  I think the Blue Labels tended to be the most well constructed, but it really has been a long while. 

Speaking of construction the robusto sampler was sub-par by comparison to the boxes I bought, maybe too much handling? 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @Amos_Umwhat all the way down to the purple label. Anything below that I'm unfamiliar with. 

I really liked the Brazilian label. IIRC, it was blended by AJ Fernandez. It was a darned shame that they were discontinued....  :'(
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly, the Cameroon seems to be back.  Label's a little different.  I also noticed that the selection of size was limited on several, which I don't remember happening before.  Think they may be replacing them with the new "signature" series?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cuban label is my favorite but the wrapper is very fragile and prone to splitting. But they age extremely well. Though it's been a couple years since I last had one. So no telling now.