Home General Discussion

My Winador Project

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I've owned this Wine fridge for many years and simply haven't used it much.  I have about as much wine as I have cigars and never really felt it offered any sort of advantage. But, living in Florida, the necessity to regulate the temperature of my cigars seemed much more important. 

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job looks good :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.  It's not much, but it's doing a great job of keeping a 65/65 environment for now.  

Oh and the blue tape on the front is to cover up the bright blue temperature display so it's not shining in my eyes at night. 
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I use black electrical tape to cover those annoying blue LEDs in the bedroom. We have our TV mounted on the wall with the cable box right under and they use a series of blue LEDs to indicate the wireless signal, way too bright so on the tape goes.  Duct tape might match the finish better on your wine cooler, though, or get a nice Cigar sticker.

I bet if you cut some black electrical tape so that it's the same size as the buttons on the front it would look like it was meant to be there.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    I use black electrical tape to cover those annoying blue LEDs in the bedroom. We have our TV mounted on the wall with the cable box right under and they use a series of blue LEDs to indicate the wireless signal, way too bright so on the tape goes.  Duct tape might match the finish better on your wine cooler, though, or get a nice Cigar sticker.

I bet if you cut some black electrical tape so that it's the same size as the buttons on the front it would look like it was meant to be there.
    and while we're on the subject.....how come literally every single electronic device now-a-days has to have a bright freaking LED on it. 

even the power bricks have bright lights on them...WHY!?!???!!!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a sweet setup!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and good lookin' set up clearlysuspect.  i need to make some shelves/dividers like that for my cooler.  got wayyyyy too many loose singles, hard to keep track of what's what. 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice setup
    A little dirt never hurt
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not assuming you wouldn't know any better, but I'm guessing it's a thermoelectric, yes?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    peter4jc said:
    Not assuming you wouldn't know any better, but I'm guessing it's a thermoelectric, yes?
    You should never assume to know the depths of my stupidity!   :p

I'm not sure what you're talking about?

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peltier effect, c'mon bro
    A little dirt never hurt
    dirtdude said:
    Peltier effect, c'mon bro
    Oh. In that case, yes.  Yes, it is.  You can set the temperature to whatever you like below 66° and above 54°.  The display on the front has matched the temperature in the Xikar digital hydrometer at 64/65° the entire time.