Home Non Cigar Related

This is Strange!

YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've mentioned before that I don't speak computer, but something strange is happening with my laptop.

Over the weekend I tried logging in to ccom and no matter what browser I used, it told me site not found or Error 404.  I could get in on my cell phone and the computer at school, but not on my laptop.  I tried shutting it down are restarting it (the sum total of my computer knowledge) but it still does not find the site.

All the regular news and sports sites come up, just not ccom.  I know they did some site work, but is anyone else experiencing this or is that anything I can do to fix it?

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Site was down for maintenance
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So was CI.
    It's back online now, but all my previous orders are gone.
    All my history as well.
    I guess they had trouble porting to a new server maybe.

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked and my CCOM past orders are also missing.  Not too bothered by that.  I had a bid on some cigars on the Devil's Site that closed after their maintenance started and even though I have my settings set to ship on Thursdays, they started processing it for shipment on Friday.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked and all my previous orders are gone also.  I'm on my wife's laptop and I can get the site, I still cannot get it on my laptop.  My phone and all other computers are fine, but not my laptop.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing here.  I logged into my account to check orders so that I could label some cigars in my humidor for when I got them.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just asked if I was I robot before logging on. Had to think about that one.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YankeeMan said:
    I just checked and all my previous orders are gone also.  I'm on my wife's laptop and I can get the site, I still cannot get it on my laptop.  My phone and all other computers are fine, but not my laptop.
    You may have to flush your laptop's DNS cache, see here:. https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All fixed.  I had the same problem on my school desk top and our IT guy said if I got in it before, they did nothing to block it.  It must be coming from the ccom side.  As it turns out, later in the day I was able to get it at school and I am on my laptop as we speak(write) so all is well.

Also, the ;past orders are on my account again.  It must have had something to do with the work they did over the weekend.  I am such a computer dummy, I just didn't understand what was happening.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just asked if I was I robot before logging on. Had to think about that one.
    Maybe they are vetting refugees now
    A little dirt never hurt