Home Non Cigar Related

Wedding Plans

genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, it is starting to hit home now. My oldest daughter is getting married late summer and the planning is in full bloom. A couple of weeks ago she asked me if I would go dress shopping with her. I thought, really but she asked so I went. Turned out that it was very special. Shop after shop I was wondering if I could sneak out somehow. The last shop after the 100th dress she had on, I looked at one on the shelf the exact time she did and we looked at each other and knew that was the one. Brought a tear to our eyes while the other people there had no idea what was happening.

Now I just had to give her the song that we are going to dance to. What a f$%king sap I am. She is marrying a great guy so that helps out. Sorry to ramble on, I am so happy for her but feels like I am losing my little girl. I also thought I was way to young for this but guess since we have the old farts here maybe we need some middle aged farts.

Comments

• WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Larry @genareddog Congratulations and can't wait to see pics of the wedding :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Larry , sounds like a great day spent with your daughter
    Non Crux sed lux
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great Larry and you must be so happy and proud and lucky.  All the best.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Larry, you aren't losing a daughter you are gaining a son-in-law
    A little dirt never hurt
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an engagement picture of them. That's another thing. What the hell is an engagement picture! Save the dates etc etc. This is why I have my CAS under control.Image may contain 1 person standing child and outdoor
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks so happy. Congrats!
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!!!! You got this, you old, uhm, I mean you ole Fart. LOL!!!!
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will be going through the same thing soon. Wedding is spring of 18 so I have some time for it to settle in, but geez, where did my little girl go??

Congratulations, I bet you do well and make it a super special day for her

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations