Home Ratings & Reviews

just wondering

jreed10209jreed10209 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
has anyone tried a perdomo en vidrio? i just had one and really thought it was a good smoke,some people on another blog board just laughed it off as a beginner cigar. i thought it was well constructed and very full flavored,any thoughts?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    beginner cigar eh?

there are many cigars out there that i smoked as a beginner, but few of them are "beginner cigars"

a cigar is what you make of it.
    i was just telling another member via PM that i like this forum the most because the people here are good and we wont laugh at you (unless you want us to). nobody on any forum should ever judge you by what you smoke. other forums you will find a bit of that. but here, we welcome differences because we all want to learn as much as we can. we cant do that if we all smoke the same cigars.

on that note, if you lit it, and you liked it when you smoked it, then it is a good cigar.
    it does not matter what others think. only what you do. you are doing this for you, not for me, or this forum, or other forums. you are not into cigars to make others happy. you are into them to make you happy.

smoke what makes you happy. Learn why they make you happy. share that joy with other BsOTL. (Brothers Of The Leaf)

• vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Also, Let us know why you liked it so that the BOTL can help direct you into some other cigars that might perk your taste buds
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    beginner cigar eh?

there are many cigars out there that i smoked as a beginner, but few of them are "beginner cigars"

a cigar is what you make of it.
    i was just telling another member via PM that i like this forum the most because the people here are good and we wont laugh at you (unless you want us to). nobody on any forum should ever judge you by what you smoke. other forums you will find a bit of that. but here, we welcome differences because we all want to learn as much as we can. we cant do that if we all smoke the same cigars.

on that note, if you lit it, and you liked it when you smoked it, then it is a good cigar.
    it does not matter what others think. only what you do. you are doing this for you, not for me, or this forum, or other forums. you are not into cigars to make others happy. you are into them to make you happy.

smoke what makes you happy. Learn why they make you happy. share that joy with other BsOTL. (Brothers Of The Leaf)

Yeah, we wait till you get about 100 posts under your belt before we start to make fun of you.... (And not because of your taste in cigars...)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jreed10209:
    has anyone tried a perdomo en vidrio? i just had one and really thought it was a good smoke,some people on another blog board just laughed it off as a beginner cigar. i thought it was well constructed and very full flavored,any thoughts?
    Hey jreed, first of all welcome, next of all you've been a member since June and finally speak up.. Good to hear from you . Perdoma has a lot to offer, not my everyday cigar, but I have enjoyed more than a few of them.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    welcome jreed ....the most important thing is YOU enjoyed it ...thats all that matters ...
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Don't let anyone else's opinion of a cigar stop you from enjoying it!
    I personally dislike everything I've tried from Perdomo. However, my favorite brand is CAO and I have seen people who dislike everything they put out. Its all about individual taste.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well those guys covered the main part pretty well, so I'll stick to the cigar.

I've had two of them and thought it was a pretty good cigar. I would not call it a beginner cigar though, first because I don't agree with the school of thought that a beginner can only appreciate a certain level of cigar, but also because I don't think most beginners would like this cigar, I know I wouldn't have liked a cigar that strong when I was first starting out.

I think those people who refer to cigars in such a way just like to hear themselves talk and they really like to stroke their own egos, I just keep puffing and ignore them, hardly worth my time to do anything more.
  • I agree what kuzi16 said 100%, you smoke what you like. I've been smoking for 12 yrs and have spent alot of $ on cigars that were recommended by others on other forums that were so-called experts and found them to be not to my liking. Smoke what makes you happy, share your findings with others and let them make up their own minds and if they call you a beginner, remember they were once there themselves. Good smoking my friend.
  • jreed10209jreed10209 Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    Been a long time since I posted here, I had forgotten how many good people are here, I will try to be a regular contributor, I would also like to get in touch with JJ, or Jimmy as I believe he is known here, and thanks for the welcome!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been a long time since I posted here, I had forgotten how many good people are here, I will try to be a regular contributor, I would also like to get in touch with JJ, or Jimmy as I believe he is known here, and thanks for the welcome!
    I knew I recognized that Avatar!  You don't forget some things. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Back!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Is Jimmy or JJ as I knew him no longer posting, He was from Galveston.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would that be jimmyjam, dont know him but have heard mention
    A little dirt never hurt
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in a while JJ shows up, but mainly him and Rudy (The Kid) haven't peen posting in quite a while, when someone sends them something they come on and post up but otherwise haven't really been here. @jreed10209

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Thanks for the input, I'll have to look around to see if I still have an addy of some kind and try to contact him.