Home General Discussion

Question regarding CFW

jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
When you donate cigars to Cigars For Warriors have any of you ever gotten any form of acknowledgement that your package was even received?

I've donated a couple times and am getting ready to do it again but I've never received any acknowledgement that they've gotten my packages. I'm not looking for thanks or anything like that but I'd like to know that my packages don't end up being smoked by some guy not even in the military. We had a forum member a while back who worked that scam for a while. 

A few of the BOTLs have vouched for CFW but no one has ever said they got so much as a form letter saying the package got there - 

Just wondering.....?? 

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did see this message from last year's CFW drive organized by Jeremy @Glock1975, but I think your asking about donations sent to the CFW organization, I don't have an answer for you.

Glock1975 said:
    Wylaff thank u, yours got to go as well. We didn't end up boxing all this stuff up and sending it out till yesterday. I tried to count everyone's donations, but it was a crazy amount. I want to thank all of you who donated to this, absolutely crushed last years total and I'm sure this package will do its part along with the other guys at the store, it took 9 very large boxes to fit them all in. I will be picking up the box that he is donating to this group soon and will do a random number drawing. Once thank u all. 

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Just send them all to

@ZachsSmokeIsJustified

I guarantee you a military man will smoke them and probably drop you a line himself LOL

I've donated to CFW before, and never heard anything back.

This was before I smoked cigars, my neighbor was doing it and I wanted to chip in so I bought a few cigars and gave them to him.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met Luke from Arizona ( sorry did I not get his forum name), at the Chicago herf and he is involved with CFW. Here is the flyer with contact info. Hope this helps. image
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the input, guys. As the Resident Skeptic I have a duty to question, question, question. And now that I know others have contributed and not heard back I assume that's S.O.P. so I'll proceed based on that. 

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resident Skeptic??? I thought you were the Resident Oldfart.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jlmarta Marty has many responsibilities around here!
    cbuck said:
    @jlmarta Marty has many responsibilities around here!
    Darned right!  Ya don't get rich and handsome by wearing just one hat at a time...  (did that make any sense?).  :p
    Being a multiple hat wearer my self, yes that made perfect sense Marty! @jlmarta
    Being a rich and handsome dude, I knew you'd know about things like that, Charlie @cbuck....   :D
    That's true, you and I are very lucky that way! Lol
    Exactly, and heavy on the 'handsome'.....   :D
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I follow them on their social media pages and they credit folks and send thanks there. 
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    Ah, so. Maybe that's it. I refuse to have anything to do with 'social media'. 

Oh, well.....  B)