Home General Discussion

how to use seasoning wipes?

DrMundoDrMundo Posts: 24
edited February 2017 in General Discussion
I bought humidor from ebay, and the seller kindly sent me the free seasoning wipes. So I've just follwoed the instruction. pulled out and wiped it, K now after only 4 hours, my hygrometer show that the humidity is only 65%. 
From the traditional way (using distilled water and sponge) in this step humidity should be like 78~82%. Also I've done 2~4 times of wiping and place the sponges in the humidor, but in this time nothing with only one wiping.  Am I doing ok? or should I put the water in there?

Comments

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrMundo I apologize if I have offended you but I'm not sure if you're for real so, I may be apologizing for nothing but,..... If you are for real and really need help, I'm here to help. I will show you some tough love. However, If you are just posting weird stuff to see what we reply with. Fine. Really really funny actually.  

If you're for real,... you gotta tell me how you came up with this idea. 

"I've just done the my usual way of humidor seasoning

1 Day - gently rubbed humidor, then put 140~150 degree hot water and change every three hours.
    2 Day - After 24 hours 99% of humidity should,so pull out the bowl. then put 2 boveda pack 
    3 Day - 48 hours total, It should be the 69%~72%"

I have a series of questions. Your "usual" way? Really? Usual way? How many have you done this way? And,... Who told you you could do it this way? Or did you dream up this method yourself? Your profile says you are studying Ch E, Is that Chemical Engineering? Is that somehow why you figured you could shortcut your way through seasoning humidors? 

And I need you to prove you are real if you want any help from me. Post a picture of yourself. Because I still don't think you are for real. And post or share anything else you can think of to prove you are real. The knowledgeable advice available to new members that join this forum is valuable. I myself have benefited enormously from it. And most of these guys are enthusiastic when it comes to passing on their skills. I'll help you any way I can, I really want to but,....I don't want to waste any more of my time unless you are willing to:

1. Prove you are real.
    2. Ask for advice BEFORE you do something that will ruin any more cigars and/or humidors.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so tempted to create and post a picture of a guy sitting in his pick-up in the sun with all his cigars lined up across the dashboard to dry as he dumps the water out of his humidor.

>:)

OK, I'm over it now!

o:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet the guy from ebay isn't gonna let you return this one after you **** it up like the last one