Home General Discussion

COTM discount?

Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
Have we lost the 10% COTM discount?  It's not showing up. 

:(
WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

Comments

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, could be I'm the only one who buys from CCOM?

or the only one getting COTM? :o
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the discount is already applied when looking at your cart. I stopped COTM about a year and a half ago. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

matkn293 said:
    I think the discount is already applied when looking at your cart. I stopped COTM about a year and a half ago. 
    That's been so, until today.  Thanks for the input, though.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it got lost or broken in the recent site upgrade. 
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Tried to call today, couldn't wait long enough.  Too much call volume, I think.

today, the order finally reads as processed.  It didn't this a.m.  Now, the estimated delivery is..........Yesterday! 

I still haven't been able to get through by phone, but have sent a customer service request.  Although the order is "shipped", no discount for COTM was applied.

All in all, I'm sure it will get straightened out eventually, right?  @Andrew_Dzikoski ?

thank you

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    They have seemed awful busy up there in Bethlehem lately.  I suppose that's a good thing for the cigar biz. 
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great customer service as always.  A lot of the calls flooding the phones have been problems with the ordering software.  They have been very upfront about the problems and they are trying to fix it.

Computer glitches can be a royal pain.  We have a new, handy dandy, slick student service program at the college and it does not do half of what the old system does and has several glitches that have yet to be worked out.

It will work out and in the meantime, they are doing everything to keep us happy.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg we DO have a mod lol
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
    Apparently there are still issues.  My COMC order for March has yet to arrive, been "Processing" since 2/13. 

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order was allegedly "shipped" Feb 28, but it has yet to get to the Post Office. I'm done with ccom. Give a bunch of people clipboards and send out the orders, do the bookkeeping when things get straight, stop taking orders that aren't going to be fulfilled in the meantime.
    well, I'm not "done" with ccom yet, but I'm not ordering anything until this gets straightened out.

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put an order in on 2/28 and it has not shipped yet.  They told me up front it would be a while until they got the computer stuff fixed.  Being an analog guy in a digital world, I can understand their pain!

They have done a lot of good stuff in the past.  Hopefully, these problems won't wipe that all out.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I remember back when I was a little kid, my father for about a year managed a Wendy's burger joint.  It was right across the street from Kings Dominion amusement park in Richmond, VA.  One day there was a really big storm that knocked out power to the whole area.  Every other restaurant on that street shut down, but not his.  He kept the gas burners going, pulled out a receipt book, wrote down each person's order, calculated cost and tax and kept going.  It was quite remarkable really and he earned a lot of customer loyalty that day as well as the respect of the people working under him. 

I can understand how a software problem can suck.  But it should never send your business to a grinding halt.  Maybe unless you're a software designer, then I could definitely see that being a problem.

• SarahSSarahS Moderator Posts: 10 admin
    My order was allegedly "shipped" Feb 28, but it has yet to get to the Post Office. I'm done with ccom. Give a bunch of people clipboards and send out the orders, do the bookkeeping when things get straight, stop taking orders that aren't going to be fulfilled in the meantime.
    I want to apologize on behalf of CIGAR.com for the delay you experienced. The tracking information indicates the parcel was delivered to your PO Box on Tuesday - I just want to confirm you received the package. If there were any issues, or you did not receive it, please email me directly: SarahS@cigar.com. 

Sarah Stern | IT QA Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

• SarahSSarahS Moderator Posts: 10 admin
    YankeeMan said:
    I put an order in on 2/28 and it has not shipped yet.  They told me up front it would be a while until they got the computer stuff fixed.  Being an analog guy in a digital world, I can understand their pain!

They have done a lot of good stuff in the past.  Hopefully, these problems won't wipe that all out.
    I wasn't able to find your order. Can you shoot me an email directly with your billing address and I will try to get you an update. My email is SarahS@cigar.com. 

Sarah Stern | IT QA Manager | CIGAR.com
    1911 Spillman Drive | Bethlehem, PA 18015
    PH 800-357-9800 | FAX 877-464-2872
    sstern@CIGAR.com

Just got a confirmation notice that my March COTMC has shipped.  Maybe things are straightening out?