Home General Discussion

Favorite fuente

GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay so this Cuban belicoso is only my second Fuente I've smoked( other being a Hemingway short story)both have been great. They have so many offerings, and they all look the same, it's kind of confusing. What do you all recommend?

Best Answers

Answers

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah I hate how they do the bands it's a pita. 
  • GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin said:
    The 858 is great in my book. The Don Carlos is excellent. 
    Thanks I'll check them out
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anejo or any Hemingway Maddie 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I'm yet to encounter an Arturo Fuente cigar that I didn't thoroughly enjoy.  Can never go wrong with an OpusX or God of Fire, but those are rare occasions for me due to the price.  In his less expensive cigars, I like the 858 and the Hemingway Short Story.

IMHO, and I know many will argue this, Fuente stands atop the cigar world by head and shoulder.  Many have gained a lot of ground over the years but very few names could stand in the same category. 

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuentes does some great stuff,  I personally really dig the regular Hemingway line, but the Cuban Belicoso, Queen B and 858 Sungrown are fantastic as well. You can also talk about the Opus lines and Anejo lines but those are far more pricey, for an everyday great smoke stick with the Hemingway lines and Cuban Beli and Queen B.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Oyam123Oyam123 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESG
    edited February 2017
    So I take it there's really no losers. I'll just have to try them all. ;)
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    I think one thing that you can take from this is that with Fuente, you really get what you pay for.  His cigars truly are priced for their quality.  Have you ever bought a $20 bottle of wine you thought was crap and much preferred the $7 bottle you bought last week?  This isn't one of those times. 
    I see what you mean. Best $5 smoke I've ever had
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Hemingways. 

For a cheap Fuente, the Curly Head Maduro is good.  To me, anyway.

I don't think you can go wrong.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I admire about Fuentes other than the taste is their consistantly good construction. Even burn and nice white ash. Short Storys are one of the best small smokes.
  • wheel366wheel366 Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    My most favorite is the Anejo #55.  I buy a box every year and smoke 1 from each box each year.  Obviously I have a few boxes lying around. 

The 858 is great, both Cameroon and Maduro.  The Hemingway Maduro is also great.  They are all great in their own way but my tastes have changed over the years and I now like the Hemingway Maduro better.  Not a fan of the Chateau but I haven't had one in years.  Opus X is great but it took me a long time to be able to appreciate them.  They were too strong when I first had them.  Palette wasn't ready for it.  Oh and the GoF Don Carlos Robusto is a close second for me.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I smoked a Don Carlos belicoso last night, and with every puff, I thought to myself, why don't I have 2 boxes of these?
    Fuente makes dome delicious cigars.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • KidTexKidTex Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    I just created a post because of my own a fuente confusion lol... glad I'm not the only one!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where to start?
    Hemingway anything.
    But love the signature and short story.
    Don Carlos #4

Anyone who knows me, sees the connection. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Todd said and the GOF Carlito, tasty stuff. Love the sum grown and Maduro on the Hemmingway.
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Opus X super belicoso 
    Don Carlos belicoso 

The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grawls said:
    So I take it there's really no losers. I'll just have to try them all. ;)
    I just "agreed" with everything above this post, I knew you'd get it in a little while.
    :)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain