Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Please, your opinion, and my sincerest thanks.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think most folks know how I feel about animals.

I just watched a vid of a rescue of the saddest looking dog I have seen in a long time. Starving, matted hair, flea and tick infestation, injuries and mange. Skin drawn tight and ribs sticking out.

I think the group that rescued the poor girl is "Pause for Paws. They did an amazing job of bringing the dog back from certain death and she has a new home and loving humans. You can see the joy and thanks in the dogs eyes.

What possess people to be so heartless to an animal, that will love you back, and is actually happy when you are happy. I am so thankful there are so many of you that (a lot of rescues amongst you heathens) have taken in pets and treat them so well. Bless you.

I get so angry about puppy mills, abuse and abandonment. We have only once been able to identify an individual who abused his dog. That dog is now living the life of Riley in MN.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those rotten people obviously aren't cigar smokers.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strive not to be judgmental but you can tell a awful lot about folks by how they treat their animals.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this long thing written out, but it wouldn't post and I just don't care.

Bottom line. People are stupid and greedy. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Phil_from_ChicagoPhil_from_Chicago Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Don't listen to the flat earther.

People suck. 
    Originally from Chicago

I enjoy good cigars and bourbon,

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me think of the movie Tombstone, when Wyatt asks Doc Holliday ;

"what makes a man like Ringo, Doc?" 

I can't state it exactly, but the reply is something like;

"He has a hole in his soul, Wyatt, and he can't fill it, no matter how much evil he puts in it"

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a big animal person.  I've never understood the whole human/pet relationship and I don't let any animals in my house except for my 3 daughters. 

That said, I would never look to hurt an animal, I don't like sport hunting (if it's for food then that's a different story), and I don't understand people who get animals just to neglect them.

I think it goes a long ways to say "misery loves company."  I learned this lesson best by spending many years on drugs and alcohol.  I know how messed up I was.  My friends knew how messed up they were.  But as long as we were all messed up together, then it brought some normalcy and justification to our predicament.  But I don't think that in itself covers it, because I knew plenty of people who were masochistic toward themselves but would do anything to help others, or to help animals.  @amos_umwhat I think hit the nail on the head.  They have a hole they can't fill.