Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Surprise Attack

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well Eric totally blew me away when the postman came late last night, remembered a cigar we talked about months ago and nailed me! Thank you so much Eric @Echambers I can't wait to light these up and really appreciate this, thanks again and hope you are well!!

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• TNBigfoot68TNBigfoot68 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Hit @Echambers
    I was born a fool, and just got bigger!
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooo la la. 

them lfd's are purrddddyyyyy

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most Excellent
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic looking hit!
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    very nice!

That reminds me of something... 

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad they got there safe and sound.  Enjoy my friend. 
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The LFDs are beautiful! Well done.  ;)
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Echambers said:
    Thanks a lot Eric, will definitely be enjoying them! Giving up cigs for lent and that should allow me to smoke my cigars more. I rarely smoke cigars when I go back on the wagon and start smoking cigs again as it ruins my palate and I hate wasting a cigar like that. Thanks again and this just gives me motivation to finally kick this habit once and for all, been the biggest monkey on my back that I have ever known!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done young man
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, Brett!
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IOW, when I bomb you, you don't want me to throw in a pack of Marlboro's?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    ROFL funny Peter, no I am good trying to kick that habit and its really putting up a fight. 
    For the record, I've been a 1-2 pack a day smoker since I was 19 and in a little over two weeks I turn 29, so 10 years I have been a heavy smoker. Trying to quit that has been kicking my axe and as many of you who know me will attest, its a demon I have been battling and trying to quit for some time. Picked up some nicotine patches the other day and will be starting those tomorrow. Stress always gets me back to smoking so will have to find a way to manage that, I suppose I will try starting to have a cigar after work in the evenings to help de-stress and fight the nicotine cravings as well. So I should be getting on Vherf more often too soon. Wish me luck with this fight!
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be pulling for you, Brett.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got some good reasons to succeed. All the best.
    Echambers said:
    Thanks a lot Eric, will definitely be enjoying them! Giving up cigs for lent and that should allow me to smoke my cigars more. I rarely smoke cigars when I go back on the wagon and start smoking cigs again as it ruins my palate and I hate wasting a cigar like that. Thanks again and this just gives me motivation to finally kick this habit once and for all, been the biggest monkey on my back that I have ever known!

I wish you luck in quitting! I smoked cigarettes for a lot long than you have. I quit several times ranging from a couple days to months, but eventually would find myself lighting one up.

Fast forward a couple years and one morning I woke up trying to hack up a lung.  In the shower the nastiest blood laces gob of flem came up.  I was convinced that I had lung cancer.  I went to the Doctor the next day after throwing away every cigarette in the house and car.  Doc checked me out and said, No, you smoke too much and coughed up some bad stuff, broke a blood vessel in your throat doing it, hence the blood.  I never had another cigarette after that, spending 24 hours being convinced you are going to die soon made it a bit easier.  Only thing I smoke now is a cigar or 2 a week. Not great for you, but no inhaling and such so nowhere near as bad.

Keep it up, after a while the cravings go away and only hit you lightly when at a bar or after an extremely good meal or well, you know.  But after a nice Sunday or Holiday meal is a great time to enjoy a good cigar.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, being scared helps. I smoked cigarettes for a lotta years. I quit once for 3 1/2 years and then stupidly went back to them. I finally quit cold turkey immediately after coming out of surgery for a 5-Way heart bypass. I was finally scared enough.....  :#

i quit in 1994 and picked up a cigar around 2008. And the rest, as they say, is history...  :p
    Thanks for the support guys, started this morning and have the patch on now just working through the cravings and dealing with the stress of work today. It's going to be odd not having smokes on my breaks but I can deal with that and its worth it. Cancer runs so heavily in my family that its pretty much a promise for me to get it if I keep smoking so that is scary enough in its own right. Will be trying to get on vHerf tonight with a cigar to calm the cravings and start a new cigar habit instead!

Flavorful hard candies helped me a lot.  Things like jolly ranchers and such.

Be careful of the sugarless type candy, some can have unwanted side effects.

• TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the support guys, started this morning and have the patch on now just working through the cravings and dealing with the stress of work today. It's going to be odd not having smokes on my breaks but I can deal with that and its worth it. Cancer runs so heavily in my family that its pretty much a promise for me to get it if I keep smoking so that is scary enough in its own right. Will be trying to get on vHerf tonight with a cigar to calm the cravings and start a new cigar habit instead!
    Lets just say I've had my problems with drugs and smoking etc. from 17-21. I quit everything and have been clean for over 5 years now. I smoke cigars occasionally 1 or 2 a week sometimes will go over 2 months or more. I only drink maybe 10-12 beers/ciders a year also. I never had a problem with alcohol but still keep it to one drink a month. Sounds like we both have a birthday coming up soon mine is the 22nd, I'll be 27. I can help you kick your habit for good but you're ultimately in control of that, I can only give pointers and how to avoid potential triggers etc. Feel free to PM me if you have questions, my name is Harrison.

Looks like we both have a fish fry to attend tomorrow for lent…   
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    Thanks a lot Harrison, alcohol is no longer a problem for me though when I drink heavy I certainly want a smoke but I only do that once or twice a year so not really a problem for me. Yesterday was rough but got through it, and today is starting out as a biotch already but the patches are helping some at least. Its hardest on my breaks and lunches, thats when I would go out and smoke between calls at work and get some "me time" and a mental break. Will be interesting to adjust to that and figure out something else to do instead but thats part of life. Didn't get a chance for a cigar and Vherf last night due to helping out with the kiddo, but I am definitely getting a smoke in tonight so hope to see some of y'all on Vherf later!