Home Non Cigar Related

Inserting photos into posts in the forum

YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Non Cigar Related
Ccom got rid of one of the ways to post photos to the forum, the easy way.  You can still do it but you have to click on the photo icon in the tool bar above the text box you type your message in and then either drag and drop your photo in or click the Choose Files box and pick your picture.  This is also the same way you can post GIFs and web images copied into the Image URL box.

On the plus site, this method seems to insert the photo without having to delete the thumbnail as a second operation.  It's just a pain on mobile.

See below.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

Comments

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image result for test

Copy paste still works
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you doing copy paste?

ctrl+c > ctrl+v
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
    or right-click for the old skool.

edited March 2017
    Just into the body?  Does that work?  Guess it does.  Been brewing coffee in this old stovetop Vesuviana lately.

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copy and paste doesn't work for me anymore with gifs. I'm not enjoying this change. 
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Fungus Among Us
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    ?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited March 2017
    Didn't work at all.  Drat, and I'd just learned this.  :/

I did it the way shown above by @Yakster , which was how I was doing it anyway, and it went through all the motions, appeared to be loading, and then...Nothing.

Oh, wait, there it is.  I wasn't waiting long enough, I think.
    Post edited by Amos_Umwhat on

edited March 2017
    Hmm... seems to work for me for this one at least.

Copied the link (ending in .gif) into the Image URL text box after clicking the Image toolbar icon.

Bob_Luken said:

GOD! How many clicks do they they want me to make!? Four? Five? UNBEARABLE SUFFERING!!
    Like poor George Jetson, working your finger to the bone.  :D

I was able to do it with a cut and paste, right click on image and chose select image, and then go back and paste it into the text box.

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three clicks, Luken.  Get over it.  :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Image result for sexy women

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Chris @Yakster, here's something interesting - when you use CCom's button to insert a photo from your albums it completely ignores any videos. 

I checked before before I posted the photo of the CAO Colombia and my videos were there. Once I clicked their button and selected photo albums the videos didn't appear. Odd, huh??
    Frankly, I'm not surprised.  I've only been able to post videos on any forums that I've used by uploading them to Youtube or some other site first.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Testing...
    Okay, so which method did you use, @CharlieHeis?  I'm thinking I'll have to go via Photobucket for a URL to any video I might want to post. 
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I just copied from Giphy.com and pasted into the image url box. @jlmarta

Not sure about posting a video, other than youtube. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...plain ol' copy/paste seems to work...  Here's one from my days with the Lakers.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Pretty exciting, Peter. Can I have your autograph?   :p
    peter4jc said:
    ...posted in another thread, but thought Marty would get a kick of this...

I think you've got too much time on your hands, Petey-Boy
    I learned that you can select and insert multiple photos with the insert image icon. Also, if you use the insert file icon to the left the image will only appear as a small thumbnail.