Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

La Traviata

I had the pleasure of smoking one of these yesterday. Not bad at all. Prelight draw was really sweet, and when i first lit it up it was a huge pepper bomb, but it rounded out after a half inch. Lots of flavors including cocoa, leather, and chocolate. Strangely it didn't pair well with my pumpkin spice latte though.

Comments

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    smbrink:
    Strangely it didn't pair well with my pumpkin spice latte though.
    That's strange. Mine paired very nicely with my Rasberry Peppermint Mocha. LOL!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I loved that cigar. I lit it up and smoked the hell out of it. To me it was like smoking a Reese's Peautbutter Cup. I promptly threw up afterwards. I honestly think it was because I was doing physical labor while smoking and I actually might have been sick from something else. That sucked though. I am scared to revisit it but damn was it good.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is a great bang for your buck cigar.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, I keep hearing about this stick so much I'm just gonna have to light up the one Jake sent me ;-). Maybe tomorrow - supposed to be getting together with a friend for a smoke.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really enjoy this one, and I'm not into anything else CAO puts out, they just don't fit with my tastes. I found that I like the robusto more than the toro...this seems odd because you'd think there would not be much difference with one being an inch longer, but while the robusto picked up right from the start and smoked great the whole way through, the toro need about 1/2 inch to get going and started getting bitter with about 2 inches left. It is a pretty good cigar though, I'll definitely be sticking with the robusto and smoking more than a few in the months to come.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Had my first at the CAO event I went to and thought it was great .
  • Options
    I couldn't get past the thick waxy wrapper. It reminded me of a crayola??? The cigar had good flavor, but that wrapper.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    jacketsrule:
    I couldn't get past the thick waxy wrapper. It reminded me of a crayola??? The cigar had good flavor, but that wrapper.
    uhhh.... you're supposed to take the cellophane off....

HA!
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jacketsrule:

HA!
    lol
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    jacketsrule:

HA!

Hee hee
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    With all the glowing reviews, I've got to light one up now. I received two in a trade from Vulchor last week and wanted to wait a bit... hmmm...
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Well that's your answer right there...you received 2...so smoke one now and wait on the other...although you might find it hard to wait after the first one. :)