Home General Discussion

Cigar Label Magnets

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
I decided to try something a little bit different yesterday.  I know many of us collect our labels and struggle to find a use for them.  Since I created a Winador I chose to start making magnets out of my labels using any free magnets I come across from businesses. I made these first three from magnets my daughters pediatrician hands out, an Elmer's glue stick, and some scissors. I'm looking forward to making many more. 

Comments

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Great idea.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original, very kool
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, good idea.
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Very cool!! I really enjoy how artistic and creative this group of guys can be  !!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.  I do the same thing with my wine corks.  I cut them in half so it displays the logo or name, glue a free magnet to the flat side and voila!  
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool @clearlysuspect I like it a lot, neat idea and thanks for sharing!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    These look a little rough. I used some pretty big scissors that came with my kitchen knives to cut them.  I'm gonna do a few more this evening and try using an exacto knife.  Should turn out a little more clean.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great idea.  Unfortunately, our fridge is covered in kids' photos.
  • mpomariompomario Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Ok.  Doing that.
    YankeeMan said:
    Really great idea.  Unfortunately, our fridge is covered in kids' photos.
    I hear that.  I probably wouldn't have thought of this at all if I didn't just start the wine-ador.  God knows I don't need anything else on my kitchen fridge with all the kids pictures and drawings.  I feel like that's the kids measure of success.  Once you've made it to the fridge, you know you're playing in the big leagues!!!