Home Pipes
Options

Where to get

dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
Where do you get your pipe tobacco? I see a very limited selection here at Ccom. Is there a small  batch outfit for tobacco? do you shop locally? feel free to pm me info on sources
A little dirt never hurt

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pipesandcigars.com is a Ccom sister site with pretty good prices.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What he said ^
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P&C's website has the most info on what the blends are, normally they are great to deal with, right now they are having problems (same warehouse as ccom, same problem getting orders out) smokingpipes.com is good 
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    P&C is great, and yes usually great prices. I use SmokingPipes a lot too.  Great site and great B&M in NC.  

Unrelated... but we got the grand tour of SP's operations when down there last time.  Stock room, pipe restoration, offices.... really cool people. 
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, will check them out
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the ones mentioned. I use both just because sometimes one has something I want that the other doesn't. 
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randy, I do like to support local. Go check out some of the B&Ms in your area. Part of the fun w/ a new honby/interest is the hunt. You get to go check out stores, as well as read lots of reviews/try out a bunch of different blends and find your favorites.

Have fun and enjoy the ride!!
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch