Home Ratings & Reviews

Chillin' Moose

clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭

In my recent travels to Virginia I did not take any cigars with me (big mistake).  After day one my C.A.S. kicked in and I was out looking for anywhere they sold cigars.  I happened upon a small tobacco store in Galax, VA that had a small walk-in humidor.  Not trusting the set up they had, I didn't want to spend too much money, just something to get me by.  I'd seen these Chillin' Moose pop up online and in conversation so I picked up 4 of them, 2 Moose & 2 Moose Too.  I don't think I paid more than $3 a stick.

I gotta say I was thoroughly impressed.  Really wasn't in a place where I was set up to evaluate these to write any sort of review but I can say the flavor was great, the construction and burn was superb, and I'll definitely go back for more. 

I don't recommend overlooking this one just because of the silly name and label.

Comments

• jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember being surprised by them too. Good stick, especially for the price
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are a good mixed filler smoke. @dirtdude is a fan and bombed me with some. Boxes can be had for a good price on the devil site.
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never tried them, but have always heard they are good.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like them especially the price. Good car gar.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The burn is always perfect, taste is nothing complex but passable
    A little dirt never hurt
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Albinfk said:
    I also like them especially the price. Good car gar.

Agreed.  I had one original and one "too" while doing some grilling at a family BBQ.  Had to pay more attention to the grill than the cigar.  Like @dirtdude said, the burn is always perfect, so it was nice to have a cigar that tended itself while I could pay attention to the grill.  And not being too complex, I wasn't missing anything either.

I'm definitely looking to pick up a box of these for my commute to and from work.  I think these will be perfect, how did you put it @albinfk??  "Car Gars!"

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up.  I'd meant to try these sometime, then forgot all about them.  Age related, no doubt.  If they ever get the order system straightened out here, they're on the list.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    One other note, especially on the original.  I was very surprised at how oily the wrapper was.  It didn't have that noticeable sheen visible through the protective cover, so I was expecting a more rigid, toothy feel.  It was actually quite smooth and silky.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first grandson was born big, so I nicknamed him Moose. You should see him now, like a tattooed barbarian warrior. Couple years back, I ran onto that Chillin Moose brand on c.com so I had the site send him a box. He liked 'em. I've never tried one. Nice band. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

These showed up at the local B&M shortly after this thread.  $2.99 ea., liked both.  The  Too probably needed more resting than I gave it, but the original was really good. 

Nice!

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local B&M? Really? What local B&M? I thought Jackson was your closest. I guess that would be it? 
    Well, actually there's a gas station / restaurant / antique shop / fishing tackle place that has a nice cabinet humidor.  Nice spot.