Home Cigar 101

B & M?

docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
I've smoked for several years but never heard of a B & M. Recently joined the forum and constantly see posts referring to it. I gather it refers to a cigar shop but what does it stand for. Also, I and others have commented that a live chat option would be good. It would be great to talk one on one or have a group discussion. Thanks

Comments

• badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Local Brick and Mortar store. I think
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Howdy Doc! A b&m IS a shop, as you've deduced. It stands for Brick and Mortar, which is a general business term for a company that maintains a physical retail establishment. That's basically it as far as that goes.

As for the live discussion, I think it was mentioned in your other thread that there sort of IS a live discussion group, but unfortunately it's not accessible by the whole forum. The Ccom BlackBerry Group is a great group currently consisting of 7 members, including myself, from the forums here. Other than that, Cigar.com would have to completely change their forum format (which they've already done once before, I believe) to support this.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Thanks badge54fd and hays. Thrown off track cause I thought it somehow it was referring to a specific cigar/tobacco term. (badge54fd), I'm a former police and 911 sup. thanks again.
    Sure thing amigo.

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    Howdy Doc! A b&m IS a shop, as you've deduced. It stands for Brick and Mortar, which is a general business term for a company that maintains a physical retail establishment. That's basically it as far as that goes.

As for the live discussion, I think it was mentioned in your other thread that there sort of IS a live discussion group, but unfortunately it's not accessible by the whole forum. The Ccom BlackBerry Group is a great group currently consisting of 7 members, including myself, from the forums here. Other than that, Cigar.com would have to completely change their forum format (which they've already done once before, I believe) to support this.

Hays, how does one become a member of the Ccom Blackberry group?

Well only two requirements really....gotta be a member of Ccom's forum, and have to have a BlackBerry with the newest BB Messenger. Other than that, pm me your BBM PIN, and I can add you to the group.

Hays:
    Well only two requirements really....gotta be a member of Ccom's forum, and have to have a BlackBerry with the newest BB Messenger. Other than that, pm me your BBM PIN, and I can add you to the group.

pm sent

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else wants to join the Blackberry Messenger group just get ahold of one of us. You have to have a Blackberry with the latest BBM on it. It is a great group.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I'll be out of contact with the group for a little while longer, but should be back early next week Jake. If you guys were worried.

bacon.jay:
    I'll be out of contact with the group for a little while longer, but should be back early next week Jake. If you guys were worried.

Well I wAs wondering... Good to know

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering too Jay. I don't freak because I know guys have other stuff going on. Very casual group. Hope everything is ok.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I was worried too. I am not a part of the group, but I sensed a disturbance in the cigar nerd force.

haha I am just kidding. I really wish I had a blackberry so I can be a part of this group (amoung others). Pretty sure my company wouldn't find that a good reason to buy me one though.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I have a BB pearl...Hate it....Gonna upgrade it in the next couple months and will PM pin.
    cabinetmaker:
    I have a BB pearl...Hate it....Gonna upgrade it in the next couple months and will PM pin.
    Hey Cabi... I actually use a Pearl Flip, and it works pretty well for me. Planning on upgrading to the new Storm sometime soon tho.. Definitely hit one of us up when ya want.

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    cabinetmaker:

It will be AWESOME having you in the group to bounce cabinet-humi questions off of Cabi. I'm currently drawing up plans for a lowboy-sized cabinet and i have a ton of questions i can't answer myself. I've read your build thread and the other cabinet-build thread and most of the questions I have weren't answered there.

bacon.jay:
    cabinetmaker:

It will be AWESOME having you in the group to bounce cabinet-humi questions off of Cabi. I'm currently drawing up plans for a lowboy-sized cabinet and i have a ton of questions i can't answer myself. I've read your build thread and the other cabinet-build thread and most of the questions I have weren't answered there.

HAHAHAHAHA i saw this coming... Cabi might want to reconsider his desire to join the group!

cabinetmaker:

Apparently I am the oldest member of the BB group until you sign up... Hurry up bro

• BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    ironhorse:
    I was worried too. I am not a part of the group, but I sensed a disturbance in the cigar nerd force.
    Felt it did you? As did I. Careful we must be when sensing the force. Though helpful the force may be, yet dangerous it may be too if handled without care.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    BStayer:
    ironhorse:
    Felt it did you? As did I. Careful we must be when sensing the force. Though helpful the force may be, yet dangerous it may be too if handled without care.

I sense something, a presence I've not felt since...
  • BStayerBStayer Posts: 318
    nightmaremike31:
    BStayer:
    ironhorse:

I sense something, a presence I've not felt since...
    Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin.