Home Ratings & Reviews

AB Tempus Quorum

Any advice on this cigar? I may want to pick some up.

Comments

• Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    I'm guessing you mean the Quadram box press? If so I love the cigar, even though I generally stay away from box pressed it is one i do not hesitate to buy. I don't know your tastes but mine run toward maduros. AB tempus/MoW are just about tied for my favorite Habano I think.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    I'd pick some up if only I could find 10 for $40........ ;-)
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    I generally stay away from box pressed
    Cooper - Why exactly is this? Feel? Look? Something else? Some of my favorite sticks are box-pressed, and I've noticed that it seems to provide a sharp burn and solid draw...
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Nice hint wing... I actualy did pick some of these up, that's a pretty great price but I bet Ccom would match or beat it if you let them know what was up.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    totally forgot about this yesterday! If I call tomorrow, hopefully Ccom will match it!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Quadrum is my favorite size for the Tempus. Damn good smoke.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Posts: 168
    Hays:
    Cooper33:
    Cooper - Why exactly is this? Feel? Look? Something else? Some of my favorite sticks are box-pressed, and I've noticed that it seems to provide a sharp burn and solid draw...
    Yep I agree with you on the burn and draw, it's simply how it feels. I'm not sure how to explain it, but my mouth doesn't like em. If it's a smoke that is really exceptional my tastebuds take over and I don't mind so much.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Cooper33:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:
    Yep I agree with you on the burn and draw, it's simply how it feels. I'm not sure how to explain it, but my mouth doesn't like em. If it's a smoke that is really exceptional my tastebuds take over and I don't mind so much.
    Speaking of box pressed, the most extreme box pressed cigar I ever had was a RP I-Press. And I'd have to say it is one of the tastiest smokes I've ever had.

"Long ashes my friends."

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Krieg:
    Cooper33:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:
    Speaking of box pressed, the most extreme box pressed cigar I ever had was a RP I-Press. And I'd have to say it is one of the tastiest smokes I've ever had.

Looking forward to trying one of the I-press does it taste similar to any other RP Krieg ?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    lilwing88:
    10 for $40? Call Jeff Jackson at ccom, ask him to give you the same price the deal of the day was for the quadrum in December. $3 a cigar, not $4 and they'll do it any day of the week as long as you ask and they have enough in stock to hook you up.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    lilwing88:
    10 for $40? Call Jeff Jackson at ccom, ask him to give you the same price the deal of the day was for the quadrum in December. $3 a cigar, not $4 and they'll do it any day of the week as long as you ask and they have enough in stock to hook you up.
    I love Ccom...it's a wonder how they stay in business with all the deals they rock for us.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    Krieg:
    Cooper33:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

Looking forward to trying one of the I-press does it taste similar to any other RP Krieg ?
    If I had to pick a cigar this tasted most like, I would have to pick the Vintage 90. But it does have it's own personality so to speak. Give it try, if you like RP's smokes, you will like this one.

"Long ashes my friends."

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    gmill880:
    Krieg:
    Cooper33:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

If I had to pick a cigar this tasted most like, I would have to pick the Vintage 90. But it does have it's own personality so to speak. Give it try, if you like RP's smokes, you will like this one.
    I agree...definitely the best i-press I've had the pleasure of firing up.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    Krieg:
    gmill880:
    Krieg:
    Cooper33:
    Hays:
    Cooper33:

I agree...definitely the best i-press I've had the pleasure of firing up.

Thanks guys ...I'll give it a try. I like the 90 and 92 so I should like these as well .