Home Non Cigar Related

Work Room

arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
I finally got my work room done now I can get on to the fun stuff of carving Thought I would let you all see it let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ3k7CHScKA&t=8s
Tagged:

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool!
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You been busy Archie
    A little dirt never hurt
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    Now I am working on a bit holder for the burrs and now all I need to get is 3 more tools I want a small drill press, bench top sander with belt and disk and a scroll saw it seems like it is always a work in progress lol
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool. What are you carving?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    well I haven't started a carving jet but I want to carve the Eggs that you see in the video I am going to do some Celtic knots on it and then I have a couple of pictures I want to do a relief carving of
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    Now I am working on a bit holder for the burrs and now all I need to get is 3 more tools I want a small drill press, bench top sander with belt and disk and a scroll saw it seems like it is always a work in progress lol
    Good work space, Arch. Regarding a small drill press, Harbor Freight has a fairly large benchtop one for usually around $60. If you are planning on only doing small work Foredom makes one that you attach your flexshaft to but it only has a throw of a few inches and is somewhat expensive for what it is. Rio Grande sells a Proxxon mini drill press too, I have had good luck with that brand. Dremel makes a decent variable speed scroll saw, for about $160 at Home Depot. 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arch72 you got a good set up. I have a suggestion for a tool for you. A small bench top lathe in addition to the tools on your wish list. I have made a living for 35 years on a lathe turning deco and functional pieces. Once you learn how to use a lathe you will never be without one. Regardless I think you look at tools the way I do. Tools are toys.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arch72 Looks like a nice workshop Archie. You should be able to keep yourself busy for a while.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good, Archie.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Archie.  But I didn't see an ashtray in there.  ?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Archie. How long did it take you to get your room cleaned up before you took that video?
  • WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very Nice Archie :)
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    edited March 2017
    Albinfk said:
    Very nice Archie. How long did it take you to get your room cleaned up before you took that video?
    About a week and a half but mostly waiting on the table to come in the mail and @First_Warrior I have been looking at a lathe but not sure which one would be best any suggestions?  

edited March 2017
    Ok so here are links to the tools I am looking at ant info you have please let me know good and bad

Sander

Drill Press

Scroll Saw

Printer
     here is a lathe I was looking at any good? 
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lathe you are considering is pretty good for the price. Electronic Variable Speed control is what you want as switching pulleys is a thing of the past. Have fun!!