Home Cigar 101

"cigar jack" to light the cigars?

DrMundoDrMundo Posts: 24
edited March 2017 in Cigar 101
In the car, it has the device people usually called as "cigar jack". But I've never seen that using "cigar jack" to light the cigar. Well, I'm just curious, Is anyone in here have tried the "cigar jack" to light cigars before?  

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean the cigarette lighter?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    jgibv said:
    Um...

Seriously, we don't know what it is.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the previous posts, I'm not the only one that's never heard it called a cigar jack before.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean scissor jack
    A little dirt never hurt
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    Do you mean scissor jack
    and what about edward scissorhands?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I googled it, because I'd never heard of a cigar jack before either. There were plenty of results for parts sales of the same things we know as 12 volt car cigarette lighters.  Maybe the "cigar jack" term is used more in foreign countries as DrMundo's language sometimes seems foreign also. 
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,315 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a midget named Jack that you kept in your car to light your sticks.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cigar Jack?

I guess historically it was invented for lighting cigars (from Wikipedia) but cigarettes became more common:

The electrical cigar-lighter was invented and patented in the early 1880s by the German inventor Friedrich Wilhelm Schindler (de).[citation needed] In the 1890s, these tools were sold as electrical cigar lighters (Cigarrenanzuender), and later as Zigarrenanzuender in the major German warehouse catalogues.[citation needed] Probably in the 1920s they were renamed "cigarette lighters", as cigarettes overtook cigars in sales.

I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    peter4jc said:
    I thought it was a midget named Jack that you kept in your car to light your sticks.
    Midget? I'd rather upgrade to a larger size um,....... lighter.

Bob!  @Bob_Luken , when did you get a Ferrari?  + cool cigar lighter?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoa!  I wouldn't mess with her. Looks like she'd rip you a new azz.. 
     :# 
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Grawls said:
    No this is a cigar jack
    Brings all new meaning to "heavy in the hand!"