Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pallet O'Beans Contest

peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2017 in Trades, Passes and Bombs
No, not Irish coffee.

This stack of green coffee was delivered today. 

1st Prize: Guess the dollar amount it cost me.

2nd Prize: Guess the weight on the freight bill.

One guess per day, closes Sunday 3/19 at 9pm CST.

Also, feel free to familiarize yourself with the scene... it's the location of the Midwest Dinner w/ Shizz herf June 23-25...  get your arse there!
"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis

Comments

• GrawlsGrawls Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about 880 lbs and $1100
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll guess 950 # and $3,500 and I'll see you there!
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It weighs one metric ton, and you got it for free.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    600lb and $2200. I call dibs on the chair.
  • MikeToddMikeTodd Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2,600lbs (I am assuming that the bags are actually in Kilos). And 2K cost.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 dollar and 1 pound. Playing for @CharlieHeis :D
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    My Guess 600 pounds, $240.00 shipping
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Holy crap, that's a lot of beans. I give up, I reread it twice and my guesses still didn't make sense.
  • SmoothsticksSmoothsticks Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna say 1500# and $3500
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about a side pic?
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1200 pounds, 3000 dollars
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna take a stab at 60 million beans at an average of 10 cents per handful.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoo Haw!!  Any Huehuetenango in there??  B)
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1275 lbs $5420
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1100 lbs and $2500 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    Hoo Haw!!  Any Huehuetenango in there??  B)
    No.  Early harvest Centrals are trickling in, but the higher the elevation the better the coffee (generally) and they ripen later.
    Albinfk said:
    How about a side pic?
    Sorry.  The mountain of beans has already been schlepped into my basement and now resides in 33gal. Rubbermaid Brutes.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .... Said the Schlepper.....   :p
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1575lb and $3000
    A little dirt never hurt
  • arch72arch72 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭✭
    2240# and $4000
  • NOGILLS2NOGILLS2 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    I misread the guess, I thought it was weight and cost of shipping.
    I am a happy man. You have made me very grateful. For this is the very first time that the Crown Jewels have ever been adequately & deliriously praised by an unprejudiced person. Still it is the cigars' own fault that this is so for it is a cigar which excites envy & jealousy in the smoker because he knows & feels the truth of which you have said; that there is no other cigar that is just like it. There are cigars which resemble it but only in appearance, not in spirit & not in the ability to dare & do. There is no other cigar that can make a person want to go away & get by himself & think this life over & wonder if it is altogether worth while. I will send you some more when you get out. Let me know. Any man of fine intelligence who is acquainted with Crown Jewels prizes them above any other gems & saves them & hoards them. I gave Harry Rogers a box two years ago & he has them yet. Let me know when you are out.
  • AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    900lbs. / $500
  • deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1050.00 and 2800 lbs
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    # 1320 and $5 
  • jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it too late to edit this thread to "Hill of Beans Contest"? I am sure those beans cost an arm and a leg, Peter, so calling it hill of beans would be a nice touch of irony.

$10,944
    1824 lbs

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
    jarubla said:
    Is it too late to edit this thread to "Hill of Beans Contest"? I am sure those beans cost an arm and a leg, Peter, so calling it hill of beans would be a nice touch of irony.

$10,944
    1824 lbs
    Figured I'd pay homage to my Irish friends on St. Patty's day with Pallet O'Beans, but I like your idea better.

Keep the guesses coming, ladies.  A couple are close on the weight and one brother's close on the money.  
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191 ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    my guess is 951 lbs and $3501
    jliu said:
    Yakster said:
    my guess is 951 lbs and $3501
    You're both way off.  :-1: