Home General Discussion
Options

Non-Alcoholic Drinks

I would like to see what non-alcoholic drinks you guys have while smoking cigars. Most people would opt for something alcoholic, but I honestly go for something far different :). Most of the times I drink a good old Hershey's Chocolate Milk! Nice and cold - mmmmmm... Goes good with a maduro wrapper ;). Anybody else there drink milk or other stuff like that? (my alcoholic milk equivalent would be Bailey's)

Comments

• Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I used to drink only scotch when having a cigar, but more and more I am finding I prefer coffee. It just seem to pair better with the cigars I like. Hot or cold, mostly cold now that it's so hot out.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    I would like to see what non-alcoholic drinks you guys have while smoking cigars. Most people would opt for something alcoholic, but I honestly go for something far different :). Most of the times I drink a good old Hershey's Chocolate Milk! Nice and cold - mmmmmm... Goes good with a maduro wrapper ;). Anybody else there drink milk or other stuff like that? (my alcoholic milk equivalent would be Bailey's)
    I like Ice cold water... or sometimes I'll compliment with a Diet Coke, once I did root beer and that was a pretty good mix...

But the staple is water
  • Options
    Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    I used to drink only scotch when having a cigar, but more and more I am finding I prefer coffee. It just seem to pair better with the cigars I like. Hot or cold, mostly cold now that it's so hot out.
    I love a Starbucks ice mocha latter or frappuccino... You should try it if you haven't already...

Lasabar:
    But the staple is water
    Water is great - with lots of ice. Sometimes I have also tried light lemonade. We have this deli that does a mix of iced tea and lemonade - it is pretty refreshing. I think it works better with Connecticut cigars though or something with floral/fruity notes...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Russ55:
    I love a Starbucks ice mocha latter or frappuccino... You should try it if you haven't already...

Oh yeah. With a maduro like you mentioned before. Those are a great combo. In fact, I think I'll go have one now before I start work!
  • Options
    nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:

My girlfriend makes fun of me because I drink so much milk. 2 gallons a weak at least, by myself.

I'll take an ice cold glass of milk with anything. So good... Same with the chocolate milk, it's better than water. But I have my cigars outside, and with Temps in the 90's all the time, the milk starts to act funny... gets a little more chewy than I like. So it's usually a half frozen bottle of water.
  • Options
    ThewelderThewelder Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Normally I sip from a glass of tap water, works great. Though I may have to try drinking coffee next time
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I like coffee when it's colder out, can't do it in the summer. My usual drink 99% of the time is simple ice water. It doesn't contribute or take away from the flavors of the cigars, so you experience just the cigar. Sometimes I'll drink iced tea, that's nice too.
  • Options
    jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    One of the most enjoyable smoking experiences I have ever had was with a Perdomo Champagne and a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. It was early in the morning one day last month. I probably took an hour to sit, relax, and enjoy.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    If its not water (which it is about 90% of the time), I drink Arizona Diet Green Tea. It has a very light, crisp flavor that isn't too strong. I also drank alot of cold coffee-drinks with my cigars when I was in the sandbox.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I like iced coffee with maduros, something sweet and tart with most cameroons, and ice water with everything else.
  • Options
    andrewhandrewh Posts: 97
    If it's not water (which is 90% of the time) it will be a bourbon.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Pellegrino mineral water is very good with a cigar.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Renaissance_Man:
    We have this deli that does a mix of iced tea and lemonade - it is pretty refreshing. I think it works better with Connecticut cigars though or something with floral/fruity notes...
    That's called an Arnold Palmer, they sell it at the grocery stores around here in Ca. As for my drinks, usually I go with either water or Dr. Pepper. I find that I get different flavors out of both the cigar and the soda when they are enjoyed together.
  • Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    Beer, coffee, or water here.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    mostly beer, sometimes jack on ice and sometimes water. Occassionally, and I love this pairing, coffee.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Cola, Iced tea, those glass bottles of Starbucks coffee ( frappuccino ?) the previously mentioned Arnold Palmer ( half ice tea half lemonade ) Usually it's something sweet to take the bite out of a cigar when its starts to get strong or bitter.
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Good ole sweet iced tea... nothing better with a cigar in my opinion.
  • Options
    Ginger beer, iced tea, and coffee
    oh yeh and that stuff...whats it called??you know its wet..ummmm wa...wat....water yeh thats it water
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Water, Coca-Cola, Dr Pepper, Schwepps Ginger ale, Tea, Coffee....that's in order of most frequent to least
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I didn't know it was even legal to drink something non-alcoholic with a cigar... WOW! Learn something new everyday! haha

Actually I do usually drink a bourbon, but when I'm not boozing I'll usually have iced tea if it is in the afternoon, or a cup of coffee if it is a morning smoke or if it is a really cold day.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Water is great - with lots of ice. Sometimes I have also tried light lemonade. We have this deli that does a mix of iced tea and lemonade - it is pretty refreshing. I think it works better with Connecticut cigars though or something with floral/fruity notes...

This is called an "Arnold Palmer." He pretty much patented this drink by having the bartender in the clubhouses mix up this concoction for him to give him a refreshing and invigorating drink before heading out to the golf course. Recently, Arizona has started making this mixture as a tribute to Arnold Palmer and started selling it in their $0.99 cans. I'll have to try this out next time I have a cigar.
  • Options
    clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    jeff_connors:
    Ginger beer, iced tea, and coffee
    oh yeh and that stuff...whats it called??you know its wet..ummmm wa...wat....water yeh thats it water

Ginger Beer is awesome! I'll have to try this sometime also!
  • Options
    iv taken up making my own..hotch I call it..ginger ,sugar ,water, lemon juice and a little yeast , 24 in a hot place with a lid on tight....and bamn! ginger beer!. Id recommend having the ginger beer with a full bodied spicy smoke...goes greeeaaat!
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Nothin beats died Dr. Pepper
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Goldy:
    I didn't know the good Doctor had died. Sad day indeed. :)
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Goldy:
    I didn't know the good Doctor had died. Sad day indeed. :)
    damn, you beat me to it...
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I second the dead dr. for a beverage. In general I stay away from carbonated drinks while smoking. I thnk that Iced coffee is best pairing, but for tasting I just go with water.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    For alchoholic drinks, I go with dark beer or scotch
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Sounds wierd but tastes good.... this morning I paired my Isla del Sol with a banana-espresso milkshake.
  • Options
    bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    Water or iced coffee works the best for me.Sometimes ill do some Cola as well.