Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I new peoples.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Patiently awaiting cigars in ze mail...
    Light 'em up.
  • Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to Roland and a welcome back to JCizzle. Good to see the family grow.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • 10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    New cigar smoker here! My first cigar was a Macanudo with a Connecticut wrapper 
     :/ didn't care too much for the taste a bit grassy, next on my list is a Punch want a bit more flavor and bite I think a darker wrapper would be better. Building a "tupperdor" at home zero to no maintence I hear.
                      But reading up on different "sticks" and subscribe to a few YouTube channels so I'm not on the dark, like Bryan Glinn, Cigar vixen etc. 
                      thanks for having me 
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome.
  • WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Pop into your setting and find a bit more personal of a name, soz we have something to call you.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the mad house 
    Non Crux sed lux
    Cigar-726774

Welcome to a great community!
  • 10toes5410toes54 Posts: 85 ✭✭
    I need more guy friends near me who smoke cigars I have none near me, a bit sad I know but this my life right now lol 

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    can always vherf
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Devildog1Devildog1 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaterNerd said:
    Finally got one of my co-workers to join the forum. Welcome aboard Steve @USMC1988

:)

Semper Fi @USMC1988
  • CigarPunkCigarPunk Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to crazy town. Enjoy the ride 
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the newest guys! Still pretty new, but I haven't been tossed on my ear yet, so I think it's a safe place. Enjoy! And Steve, salute! Your service is appreciated.
    Welcome aboard @ChristusRex !This is definitely a better choice than cigarettes.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome and congrats on quitting cigs, I quit myself recently and know how hard that is!

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    @ChristusRex, welcome to the world of the brown leaf.
  • MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    I am still new to the forum as well and it's a great place to be!  Welcome to all! 
    I wanted to say hello. I'm a fairly new cigar lover, though I have smoked them for years on and off, I was more of a cigarette smoker. I quit the cigarettes a while back and for my birthday my wife got me a humidor and some Ave Maria cigars. That is where the sickness started. So I now have the original humidor she got me and another 300 count one, and well over 100 cigars with a ton on order. My wife has not gotten into the hobby with me and we really enjoy it. Looking forward to meeting you all. 
    1st. Keep that women she is a good one. 
    2nd. Does she have a sister? Joking!
    3rd. Welcome
    4th. This place is full of knowledge sit back read and enjoy. Great bunch on here always willing to help. 
    Welcome @ChristusRex
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

I've been seeing a lot of new names, you can introduce yourselves here.

:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome new people
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I'm (sort of) new to the forum. I used to post in here back in 2010 under the username Jumper. I was a lot more of a newbie then and was more of a lurker than a poster, but I really enjoyed the community and the information. I'm preparing for married life now, and have moved back to North Carolina from California - so sitting at home and smoking a cigar a couple of nights a week is finally socially acceptable. I've been smoking cigars for 8 years now and my tastes lean Nicaraguan, especially Maduros. 

Really appreciate the community you guys have here and I look forward to being around more these days.

Ryan
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ryan1990 said:
    Hi all,

I'm (sort of) new to the forum. I used to post in here back in 2010 under the username Jumper. I was a lot more of a newbie then and was more of a lurker than a poster, but I really enjoyed the community and the information. I'm preparing for married life now, and have moved back to North Carolina from California - so sitting at home and smoking a cigar a couple of nights a week is finally socially acceptable. I've been smoking cigars for 8 years now and my tastes lean Nicaraguan, especially Maduros. 

Really appreciate the community you guys have here and I look forward to being around more these days.

Ryan
    Welcome! As a maduro guy I'm sure your remember madurofan or maddyfan I forget his screen name...but his posts are what got me to join here! We do miss vets I'm wondering where @MVW67 went...what a great guy! Damn now I need his addy for a welcome backer!
    Money can't buy taste
    Welcome back Brother!

• Ryan1990Ryan1990 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Wylaff !

Stayed in Reno on my way out to CA and I really enjoyed it. Especially the lax smoking laws :)

Welcome back  @Ryan1990

Non Crux sed lux
  • genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Ryan 
    Welcome back, Ryan!
    Welcome back. Hope you enjoy your stay.