Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Welcome to the calm insanity, John.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    AlbinfkAlbinfk Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @AaeJay and fellow NYer. Learn here from another noob. Learn to listen and listen to learn. Just don't listen to @miller65rod.
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys.  dont forget that you should all sign up for the newsletter below.
    http://goo.gl/forms/cpcLYdURiR
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Hey Gents... My name is Danny.  I'm 46 and I live in Houston, TX. I'm real new to the cigar world and learning something new everyday. Ever since I was a kid I loved the smell of a cigar. I would follow the old guys smoking and shopping in K-mart.  
    I have been smoking for about 8 months, but only one offs from a b&m in my area.  Usually smoked when I played golf, which was about once a month.  I have researched and researched, watched reviews and the list to learn continues to grow. I just bought a 120 count cigar humidor and BOY what fun. What did I learn from that?  You can over saturate your humidor, even when you think you're being conservative. No worries now, patience won and the 70/70 was finally accomplished! It took about 5-6 days, but worth it when I placed those stoggies in their rightful place. Which is how I found this sight. Reading humidor forums helped me correct my humidor. 
    Im glad to be a part of the forum. Looking forward to learning from the VETS. 

I was told to ask for a sponsor to trade with. 
    Danny B
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    BigDaddy said:
    Hey Gents... My name is Danny.  I'm 46 and I live in Houston, TX. I'm real new to the cigar world and learning something new everyday. Ever since I was a kid I loved the smell of a cigar. I would follow the old guys smoking and shopping in K-mart.  
    I have been smoking for about 8 months, but only one offs from a b&m in my area.  Usually smoked when I played golf, which was about once a month.  I have researched and researched, watched reviews and the list to learn continues to grow. I just bought a 120 count cigar humidor and BOY what fun. What did I learn from that?  You can over saturate your humidor, even when you think you're being conservative. No worries now, patience won and the 70/70 was finally accomplished! It took about 5-6 days, but worth it when I placed those stoggies in their rightful place. Which is how I found this sight. Reading humidor forums helped me correct my humidor. 
    Im glad to be a part of the forum. Looking forward to learning from the VETS. 

I was told to ask for a sponsor to trade with. 
    I'll be your sponsor since we got off to a bad start! Pm me your addy and we can do a five for five trade
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Danny. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found us. Great group of guys and gals on here.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Danny 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard Danny.. Great place to be and learn
  • Options
    Thanks for the sponsor Lee. We did get off to a bad start. But that's the past.  I think the future is brighter.  You seemed to be respected around here. 

Danny B
  • Options
    We have a couple brothers on here that roll their own cigars. It does look like quite the experience. 
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigDaddy said:
    Wylaff...  That's too funny. I'll bet you old Lee is a softy. 
    Lee is a softy. You should have seen the ridiculous assortment he donated for an auction to help out a fellow forum brother.
  • Options
    Welcome, Danny. Have fun with the cigaro freaks here!
  • Options
    spartanfunspartanfun Posts: 22
    Hi all! Im Jonathan casual light smoker a few sticks a week, Im a FNG for those military type. I smoked occasionally while I was in the military and just started seriously getting back into with in the past 4-6 months. I live about 30-45 mins north of New Orleans.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome jonathan. We have a botl that lives pretty close to you. @Nolagizmo
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Welcome Jon

• Options
    spartanfunspartanfun Posts: 22
    @Usaf06
     yea i shot him a message while i was browsing last night

• Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jonathon I just sent you a pm. I'm working hard lately preparing for 2 weeks off in the smokey mountains 30 days from now. We can hang out and smoke some sticks if you're up to it. Holla
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Welcome Jonathan!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A BIG welcome to the three new guys. (Hope I didn't miss anybody.) @BigDaddy @spartanfun and @AaeJay. Y'all landed in the best possible place. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jonathan 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Charlie... Lee is my sponsor and I can't wait to receive his sticks. 

Thanks Bob...

welcome Jon.  It's a good group of guys here. Lots of vets with lots of knowledge...  
    Go by the newbie section.  It's worth the reads. 
    Danny B
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jonathan.
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum new guys! 
    Great people here and tons of info. Look around and don't be afraid to ask questions here. Some unusual brands of humor, but a lot of experience to draw from also.
    Enjoy the insanity!!!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys