Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @fry glad you decided to join the looney bin. Side note, nothing wrong with those sport bikes just the idiots in the cars. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Fry
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome @Fry
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fry Welcome to the forum. Great people here  and lots of cigar related info. Stick around and enjoy the insanity. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Fry, have you found an favorite cigars yet?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    FryFry Posts: 12
    @Yankster not yet.  Going to purchase the starter kit IV and really start to pay attention this time to what I like/dis like. 
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @Fry
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the poor house @AlanSugarhouse and @Fry
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @fry. Hope you stick around for awhile
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    AlanSugarhouseAlanSugarhouse Posts: 15 ✭✭
    @The3Stogies.. I am starting to see how quick this can get out of hand. I made a common rookie mistake, my humidor is way too small, but I did get it properly seasoned and its holding ideally! 
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't be afraid to just grab tupperware if you get too full. Welcome aboard :)
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to @AlanSugarhouse and @Fry. Enjoy the insanity!
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Fry

"Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @AlanSugarhouse and @Fry

• Options

Wow she hot.. Happen to have her #?
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    @The3Stogies.. I am starting to see how quick this can get out of hand. I made a common rookie mistake, my humidor is way too small, but I did get it properly seasoned and its holding ideally! 
    Only 1 humi, lol.  But no matter how big they are, you have to fill them up, just the way it is.  Keep an eye on the daily deals, the free shipping is a plus.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Coolers for everyone!! Lol
  • Options
    AlanSugarhouseAlanSugarhouse Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for the welcome.... Looking forward to keep learning and smoking some great cigars! 
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nooBs please introduce yourself's
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    MrSpacelyMrSpacely Posts: 8
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum and I figured I would check in.
    I have been an occasional cigar smoker for years, but only recently have I ramped up my intake and enjoyment.
    My wife bought me a very nice humidor for our wedding, but I have only used it as a cigar box.  I am now in the process of seasoning it so it keep the cigars in the best shape possible.  I have watched a few vids online on setting it up, but any advice would be very much appreciated.
    So far everyone here has been great.  I hope I can learn much more, and in
    the future to be able to help others who are in the spot I am in now. 
    Thanks! 

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome MrSpacely! Great group pf folks here who will provide all the advice you need.
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum   @MrSpacely
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacely Sprockets? 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome sir, I believe there are a couple humidor threads around here, always a lot of help available
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Welcome aboard...

Put a flashlight in that dude to check the seal. Next throw in a bovida seasoning pack or 2 and check it in a week.  I'd also get a digital hygrometer the  and go by it rather than the pretty one..
  • Options
    Welcome to the nut house
  • Options
    AaeJayAaeJay Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Hi guys my name is John, 32 , from New York. Had a macanudo miniature a few weeks ago, bit dried out but it wasn't bad.  I really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to try a full size handmade. Had my first real cigar, Romeo y Julieta 1875 Bully on Sunday and fell in love.  Can't wait to try more. Got a Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva I'll be trying this weekend. I've  been soaking up all the wisdom I can on this site.  So many great reviews and insights. Love this community.