Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @toombes how much more chaos,panic and disorder can there be. These guys are flat out nuts!
    Coming from a guy that's probably out on a day pass.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Welcome @thepasco and enjoy. @toombes how much more chaos,panic and disorder can there be. These guys are flat out nuts!
    Trust me when I say I know what these jokers are capable of. I've been a member for 4 years, just took a bit of a hiatus.
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Cmon...we're harmless
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Helmet bombs. Cooler bombs. What the hell. @Toombes I've read a lot of old posts, nice to meet you. If you ever get bored of not tattooing let me know.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes said:
    jgibv said:
    Bumping this thread up. 

Especially for @Toombes ; welcome back OG (old guy) !!!! lolol
    but seriously, good to see ya around again bro
    Thanks, John. I figured I'd been absent long enough. Just recently acquired more time to enjoy a good cigar so, I thought I'd rejoin the ranks and cause some chaos, panic and disorder.
    @Toombes ; you're welcome!
    (And i hope you know i was just "gettin' your goat" with the old guy comment lol) 

Glad to hear you've got time for some good cigars again! 
    What all are you keepin' in your humi(s) these days? 

And "chaos, panic, and disorder" ..... good to see that some things never change :D

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back @Toombes to the asylum. And after chaos, panic, and disorder is the destruction of what were once harmless mailboxes!
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    Cigar-722332Cigar-722332 Posts: 7
    Hey! :) I'm new to this, and a friend of mine pointed me here... I organize a big charity event every year, this year I had 2 humidors donated and I'm looking for a cigar donation(s) so I can put a few cigars in the humidors. If anyone is interested? We are non profit, and I'll include the link to the event. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/545376698964359/

• Options
    loganbeyer97loganbeyer97 Posts: 2
    My name is Logan. Newbie from Wisconsin. Been smoking for about 9 months now! Can't wait to learn lots! 
    Thanks
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Logan. Sit back and enjoy. Best group of people your ever going to meet. 
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Logan you've found the funny farm  
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My name is Logan. Newbie from Wisconsin. Been smoking for about 9 months now! Can't wait to learn lots! 
    Thanks
    Go to your profile and edit your screen name. Welcome 
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is Logan you meet at my B&M @peter4jc
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hey! :) I'm new to this, and a friend of mine pointed me here... I organize a big charity event every year, this year I had 2 humidors donated and I'm looking for a cigar donation(s) so I can put a few cigars in the humidors. If anyone is interested? We are non profit, and I'll include the link to the event. 

So there's a buy in I hope on the poker game....so your asking us for free cigars to give too the players?? Also what member pointed you this way because I know your full of it as well its a very tight community here. But yeah good luck and honestly I love dogs and well if you came in and told the truths I would have donated money to the cause. But you lie and your looking for free stuff from people you don't know unless I'm proved wrong
    Ya I was pointed here by a friend... I knew it was a long shot but thought I'd give it a try anyway. To bad I was met by a rude ****. If I was trying to get free cigars for myself I wouldn't have included the link to the event or offer my non profit EIN. Also the event is a motorcycle event, and no I wasn't giving out cigars to players. I do believe I said humidors were donated and I'd like to put a few cigars in them as they are raffle items. The event is a poker run....try google.
    Thanks for being an ass. 
  • Options
    Usaf06 said:

So there's a buy in I hope on the poker game....so your asking us for free cigars to give too the players?? Also what member pointed you this way because I know your full of it as well its a very tight community here. But yeah good luck and honestly I love dogs and well if you came in and told the truths I would have donated money to the cause. But you lie and your looking for free stuff from people you don't know unless I'm proved wrong
    Ya I was pointed here by a friend... I knew it was a long shot but thought I'd give it a try anyway. To bad I was met by a rude ****. If I was trying to get free cigars for myself I wouldn't have included the link to the event or offer my non profit EIN. Also the event is a motorcycle event, and no I wasn't giving out cigars to players. I do believe I said humidors were donated and I'd like to put a few cigars in them as they are raffle items. The event is a poker run....try google.
    Thanks for being an ass. 
    Here's the deal bro. You came to a place we consider family asking for free cigars. We don't know you from Adam. He may have been a little rude but he was correct in his skepticism. Is your buddy a member here. Perhaps he should have came on here for you. The message may have been there but the approach was wrong. 
    I'm not a bro...but thanks, and if you read the attached file you would see she referred to you as a great bunch of guys so yes she and her fiancé are both members. If anyone was skeptical all they had to do was ask instead of insulting and I'd happily back up anything I was saying. 
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    Helmet bombs. Cooler bombs. What the hell. @Toombes I've read a lot of old posts, nice to meet you. If you ever get bored of not tattooing let me know.
    @Wylaff, it's my pleasure, brother. As for tattooing, I haven't put needle to skin in over a year. Who knows, I may decide to start again one day.
  • Options
    jgibv said:
    Toombes said:
    jgibv said:
    Bumping this thread up. 

Especially for @Toombes ; welcome back OG (old guy) !!!! lolol
    but seriously, good to see ya around again bro
    Thanks, John. I figured I'd been absent long enough. Just recently acquired more time to enjoy a good cigar so, I thought I'd rejoin the ranks and cause some chaos, panic and disorder.
    @Toombes ; you're welcome!
    (And i hope you know i was just "gettin' your goat" with the old guy comment lol) 

Glad to hear you've got time for some good cigars again! 
    What all are you keepin' in your humi(s) these days? 

And "chaos, panic, and disorder" ..... good to see that some things never change :D
    No worries, brother. I know you were just busting my chops.
    I'm down to one cooler, now. I donated a bunch of smokes to CFW when I was working with them as an Event Coordinator. I really couldn't tell you what's in it but, some of the newer members may have the chance to find out. Muwahahahahahahahahahahaha! 
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    This is a great bunch of guys be a use it's a family. And you can always rely on family. 

Unfortunately we are a public forum where anyone in the world can join and post, so we are naturally suspicious on anyone who's first post is asking for things. You say it's for a charity, but I can link to a charity page as well. And it's not like people havnt lied to us in the past. 

If you want a warmer reception come in and say hello. Get to know is a bit. Maybe ask for recommendations on cheap samplers that could be used. But if your first post is asking for free cigars, remember someone had to pay for them, and at 6 bucks and up per, were not just going to send them to someone we've never met, for a cause we've never verified.
    I'm sorry I approached it wrong, Im not knowledgeable of chat rooms and forums...I like to make friends and 'family' in person, not on the computer. But then even if I approached it wrong, questions could have been asked...or even I could have been completely ignored and I would have understood. But to be referred here and be insulted is ridiculous. If a question was asked I couldn't answer and back up...then call me a liar... But I can answer anything about the event. If I knew it was going to upset such delicate sensabilites after being referred here I wouldn't have bothered. I took someone's word to check this place out, and that it had 'a great bunch of guys' and in less then 12 hours it was proven that was wrong. I take what I do seriously, I'm proud of what I do and work hard pulling it all together so to be told I'm full of **** and a liar pisses me off. Last year this event had 70+raffles and the grand prize was a 50' smart tv....as I said I have a couple of humidors and thought if I threw in a couple of cigars in each it would make the raffle more appealing. I hope someone asks me about the humidors ... I will sure have a lot to say about this place.
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Just make sure you tell the truth, bro.  You solely joined the forum to ask for free cigars, and were rejected.  Pure and simple.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    I will speak of my experience 'bro' and it will be the truth...and it won't reflect what great guys you are, quite the contrary....bro.

Matter of fact bro.... I'll start now...bro
  • Options
    Why couldn't that be said from the beginning? 'Hey we don't donate, we are just a bunch of cigar enthusiast...but try here for samples' instead but nope...without even a question I was cast as a liar and full of ****. Guess that's how YOU treat new people to YOUR home. 

Its a a good thing smoking causes cancer, this herd needs a little thinning! 
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why couldn't that be said from the beginning? 'Hey we don't donate, we are just a bunch of cigar enthusiast...but try here for samples' instead but nope...without even a question I was cast as a liar and full of ****. Guess that's how YOU treat new people to YOUR home. 

Its a a good thing smoking causes cancer, this herd needs a little thinning! 

LOL...
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh....
    You seem to be a argumentative person. I have reached out twice. You can ask our members who have hit hard times, or support charities just how generous we are. But we are not invested into your charity. It doesn't mean anything to us. You have not tried to share your passion with us. You have just insulted us for being unwilling to donate to every cause that comes along. 

I'm sure you have a big heart, and I'm sure you donate sacrificially to every charity you ever hear of. I myself have a giving budget, and you have to tug on my heart string pretty hard to make me go over it. As a group we support Cigars for Warriors. As individuals we each support our own causes. But again, you will not guilt us. You can befriend us, but that's it.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...