Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Why couldn't that be said from the beginning? 'Hey we don't donate, we are just a bunch of cigar enthusiast...but try here for samples' instead but nope...without even a question I was cast as a liar and full of ****. Guess that's how YOU treat new people to YOUR home. 

Its a a good thing smoking causes cancer, this herd needs a little thinning! 
    Sorry but you came out at this group very wrong. I have been here about 1 1/2 yrs with the first yr just observing and I cannot count how many people have came here with a story of a friend sent them for this or that, to take advantage of these people's generosity. If you would take some time to observe you would see just how crazy generous these people are. You may then realize why some seem to think they can swoop in and take advantage. 

Good on you for being a part to organize for a charity.  I do poker runs whenever possible and some bike folks are very generous people.

I will try to be polite here. I found some of your posts as snide remarks and some flat out wrong and I do not appreciate it, and I wonder if your heart is in the right place. Nobody should wish ill on someone they do not know, especially someone in your position organizing  charities. I was  willing to look past your previous snide remarks and help but your cancer post just tells me your not the type of person I like to deal with. I think your organization would benefit  greatly  without you're "help".

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Why couldn't that be said from the beginning? 'Hey we don't donate, we are just a bunch of cigar enthusiast...but try here for samples' instead but nope...without even a question I was cast as a liar and full of ****. Guess that's how YOU treat new people to YOUR home. 

Its a a good thing smoking causes cancer, this herd needs a little thinning! 
    I missed this the first time. If I was an a-hole like you I would go to the Facebook page you mentioned and tell the people what kind of person they have organizing this event.  Peace out, bro. 
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to get this back on track....BIG WELCOME to any new folks!!!! 

as you can see, if your first post involves soliciting for free cigars you're gonna have a bad time. that's just not very good etiquette, regardless of who you are.

instead, we'd prefer that you stick around, get involved with the discussions & get some trades going.  we're glad to have ya!

and @Toombes ; yes, you should introduce some of these newer people to your cooler. were you the BOTL that had that sweet, custom wooden one. it kinda looked antique-y?  does that ring a bell, or am i losing my marbles? 

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    loganbeyer97loganbeyer97 Posts: 2
    Newbie here, already posted earlier, still trying to figure out the forums. I was told about a newsletter get sent out, how do I get the newsletter
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we need to get him signed up on the newsletter.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newbie here, already posted earlier, still trying to figure out the forums. I was told about a newsletter get sent out, how do I get the newsletter
    Welcome Logan, all you have to do is send a PM, private message, to @peter4jc or @avengethis and they'll see to it you get on the list.

Meanwhile, try to get involved in some of the discussions.  A lot of folks here have a quirky sense of humor, so if something seems out of place, it's probably just an inside joke.  Never take it personally.  Learn and have fun!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the nOObs
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Welcome aboard noobs 
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For any newbies looking to get signed up for the newsletter here is the link to the form to fill out.

http://goo.gl/forms/cpcLYdURiR

Nice work Brad. The newsletter sign up page looks great!

Welcome aboard @loganbeyer97. Some great people here and tons of useful information. Stick around, read some posts, and enjoy yourself!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Brad. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I <3  it!

We'll have to bookmark that newsletter link, and feed it to the letter-worthy noobs.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Awesomeness,Brads the man 
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    AlanSugarhouseAlanSugarhouse Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Another rookie here. Made first purchase last night, sampler pack. Got a little impatient,  so stop at a local grocery store and purchased a Gurkha Ninja. Enjoying it right now. 

@johnnyB - South Louisiana.  Sugarhouse was the street where I am from. 
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another rookie here. Made first purchase last night, sampler pack. Got a little impatient,  so stop at a local grocery store and purchased a Gurkha Ninja. Enjoying it right now. 

@johnnyB - South Louisiana.  Sugarhouse was the street where I am from. 
    Better then sugar pants I guess. Welcome.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Yes, you right about that.  

• Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome 
  • Options
    Welcome aboard 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the new folks......

Welcome to the forum........

If your screen handle/name is Cigar-1234567 or Cigar-xxxxxxx or something like that, that is computer generated, please change it in your profile to something more personalable.
    Because, to be honest, it gives the looks of a spammer.

We hope you understand.

That being said, please make some posts and get aquainted and join in.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you right about that.  

ROFL!
    You'll do just fine here. 
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @Sugarhouse I'm in South Louisiana too.
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome @AlanSugarhouse  hang around for a bit and check it out there.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Yeah. I can't wait to hit the local Cigar hot spots in the N.O. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @AlanSugarhouse
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    FryFry Posts: 12
    Fry here.  I've been creeping the boards here for a while, but finally decided to join in on the conversation.  I've been enjoying cigars casually for a few years now, but never put much thought into what I was smoking.

Since me and the wife just has our first kid, I decided to sell all the sports bikes and pick up a less dangerous hobby that I can enjoy on my back porch at night.

Look forward to reading more about this dangerous hobby and becoming part of this cigar community.
  • Options
    Welcome aboard @Fry Great to have you. Stick around and enjoy. Make sure you get signed up for the newsletter 
    Non Crux sed lux