Home General Discussion
Options

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the new folks.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome one and all ;)

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome all
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    MoleRatMoleRat Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    Hi all!  I'm new here but not new!  I mean that when I was born the Dead Sea was still Sick! But I love my cigars and smoke at least one a day.  I think that this forum is great and I am glad that I found it!
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome MoleRat, glad to have you on the forum.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome  @MoleRat
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    Welcome Mole, hope you stick around this is a pretty slick place with some amazing human beings here, me notwithstanding, I'm kinda an opinionated A-Hole LOL 

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome MoleRat
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found us MoleRat.
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @MoleRat Not many of us from the So Cal area What City do you live in? I'm in Hemet Just east of Riverside.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Hey, another rodent! Welcome, MoleRat.
    Nacktmulljpg

• Options
    Rockethead26Rockethead26 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the insanity, Molerat!
    Life is good, don't waste it.
  • Options
    tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    Welcome @MoleRat from another relative noob that also isn't new. 
  • Options
    BigDaddy said:
    Hey Gents... My name is Danny.  I'm 46 and I live in Houston, TX. I'm real new to the cigar world and learning something new everyday. Ever since I was a kid I loved the smell of a cigar. I would follow the old guys smoking and shopping in K-mart.  
    I have been smoking for about 8 months, but only one offs from a b&m in my area.  Usually smoked when I played golf, which was about once a month.  I have researched and researched, watched reviews and the list to learn continues to grow. I just bought a 120 count cigar humidor and BOY what fun. What did I learn from that?  You can over saturate your humidor, even when you think you're being conservative. No worries now, patience won and the 70/70 was finally accomplished! It took about 5-6 days, but worth it when I placed those stoggies in their rightful place. Which is how I found this sight. Reading humidor forums helped me correct my humidor. 
    Im glad to be a part of the forum. Looking forward to learning from the VETS. 

I was told to ask for a sponsor to trade with. 
    Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new myself, but there is a lot of good info on here and some good folks to share the passion with 
  • Options

Hi all! Im Jonathan casual light smoker a few sticks a week, Im a FNG for those military type. I smoked occasionally while I was in the military and just started seriously getting back into with in the past 4-6 months. I live about 30-45 mins north of New Orleans.
    Welcome Jonathan! Enjoy the forum. 
  • Options
    Welcome gang glad to have you and hope you enjoy it here, great group of guys and gals ;)

Brett
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Got my end of my sponsor trade with Danny! What can I say but thank you! I see a few I've never tried and look forward to letting them rest and then killing by fire. 
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    Nice job and congrats Lee!

Brett
  • Options
    Thank all for making me feel welcome!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoleRat said:
    Thank all for making me feel welcome!
    welcome!
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome all
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    BigDaddyBigDaddy Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    Got my end of my sponsor trade with Danny! What can I say but thank you! I see a few I've never tried and look forward to letting them rest and then killing by fire. 
    Enjoy Lee. 
    Danny B
  • Options
    WaterNerdWaterNerd Posts: 3,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Finally got one of my co-workers to join the forum. Welcome aboard Steve @USMC1988

:)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt
    — Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Thanks for the addition WaterNerd, and welcome Steve thank you for your service!

Brett
  • Options
    eklektos44eklektos44 Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm John from Va. I'm a long time pipe smoker as well as a recent cigar smoker. I've been smoking cigars more lately however. I've picked up some samplers and a few boxes lately, but I'm still learning about cigars. I hope to meet the folks here and pick up some tips.
    "Many a true word hath been spoken in jest"
                                                                  King Lear
  • Options
    johnnyBjohnnyB Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to all the new guys
    Non Crux sed lux
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome John
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Welcome and enjoy :)

Brett