Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Herman 'Raising' Cain

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
So, Im left to wonder.....is the only women he closely associates himself with----and not screw-----his wife?

As a side note, I cannot remember a day with so much news about black America. Granted, its not a great day for the people in the stories....but how far we (at least seem) to have come in this county. Herman Cain, Barack Obama, Patrice ONeal, Conrad Murray-----it seems that we are becoming a little more conscious nation to news other than just about middle aged white men.

Comments

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Vulchor:
    So, Im left to wonder.....is the only women he closely associates himself with----and not screw-----his wife?

How does one go about trying to become president with that much baggage... I guess that tells you just how strongly he feels the voting public doesnt like the current admin.
  • Options
    I personally feel it just shows how much he wants more attention, book deals, possible TV shows, speaking circuit, ect. Any publicity is better than none....but who knows.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    All you need to run for president is an ego.
  • Options
    djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    I honestly don't believe the accusations. I have met Herman and have been listening to him for years. I know he is an ol southern family man with morals. I just don't believe the crap is going around about him. I may be wrong, and I hope I am not. But if it is not true, then who ever is paying these women has hurt his campain pretty badly and has not given him a fair chance. Sucks for Herman. :(
  • Options
    Dont that all preach about morals???? Newt, Haggarty, Craig, Souder, Schrock-----just to name a few off the top of my head.
  • Options
    beatnic:
    All you need to run for president is an ego.
    +1.......you also need a big wallet, at least if you dont wanna be one of those guys on the ballot you and your friends laugh about after voting.
  • Options
    DynaguyDynaguy Posts: 51
    Herman plays a good game, but added up his campaign smells like yesterday's diapers. The biggest difficulty is that in order to believe him, one has to believe that there is some vast conspiricy opposing his campaign spreading lies throug a group of apparently unrelated women. Couple that with his profound lack of knowledge of world affairs, uncromprehensible position on abortion and what remains is a complete mess. His effort to boost his public speaking fees and book sales have backfired. A realist would understand that his foibles would be exposed in a presidential campaign, not to mention just trying to get the nomination. Cains hubris is, after all his biggest weakness......
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Vulchor:
    Dont that all preach about morals???? Newt, Haggarty, Craig, Souder, Schrock-----just to name a few off the top of my head.
    It's like my momma used to say. Do as I say, not as I do. We are all sinners. Having a moral basis to political position is not preaching. That liberal mantra is getting old. With that being said, I think he did it. LOL. I base that on his eyes.

And Clinton just chuckles his way along. LOL
  • Options
    Yeah im going with the where there is smoke...... I mean one or two ok but more and more I mean its like Tiger Woods but with ugly chicks
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Eh, I always liked Herman Cain, but honestly, his 9-9-9 plan never sounded quite right to me (Nat'l sales tax smelled too much like a European VAT tax to me), and his inability to talk foreign affairs was always a question mark, but admittedly, I was willing to overlook it all if he could pull his campaign together (I mean hell, Obama had zero experience in any position of responsibility outside his 2 yrs as Senator voting "present" most of the time, and had never worked a 9-5 job and look at where it got him).

But these accusations, by all these unrelated women has sunk it. I'd like to say it's the reverse race card - liberals bringing up black stereotypes of being uncontrollable sex freaks who go wild for white women, and I think media bias played a part in how quickly this story got steam vs Clinton's affairs, but still - an affair by a Repub is the same as an affair by a Dem, and a man with no morals has no business leading this nation. The fact that he STILL can't articulate his position on foreign affairs (eg - that 10 sec pause when asked about Libya), lack of knowledge about it, and actual PRIDE that he doesn't know, was the straw that broke the camels back for me

EDIT - I still don't like Newt, and I'm not real fond of Romney; still rather disappointed in this field :/

• Options
    xmacro:
    Eh, I always liked Herman Cain, but honestly, his 9-9-9 plan never sounded quite right to me (Nat'l sales tax smelled too much like a European VAT tax to me), and his inability to talk foreign affairs was always a question mark, but admittedly, I was willing to overlook it all if he could pull his campaign together (I mean hell, Obama had zero experience in any position of responsibility outside his 2 yrs as Senator voting "present" most of the time, and had never worked a 9-5 job and look at where it got him).

But these accusations, by all these unrelated women has sunk it. I'd like to say it's the reverse race card - liberals bringing up black stereotypes of being uncontrollable sex freaks who go wild for white women, and I think media bias played a part in how quickly this story got steam vs Clinton's affairs, but still - an affair by a Repub is the same as an affair by a Dem, and a man with no morals has no business leading this nation. The fact that he STILL can't articulate his position on foreign affairs (eg - that 10 sec pause when asked about Libya), lack of knowledge about it, and actual PRIDE that he doesn't know, was the straw that broke the camels back for me

EDIT - I still don't like Newt, and I'm not real fond of Romney; still rather disappointed in this field :/

I think the 999 plan is in the right direction for the Fair Tax and get rid of the stupid IRS. The Plan is not perfect and needs work, but I think its in the right direction to get the government out of my pockets.
  • Options
    Lolllll....is a black stereotype that they are sexual fiends seeking out white women? If so, didn't that one die out about 100 years ago?
  • Options
    Also the affair will....and should be.... More criticized when by someone in this moral majority type turdbag mold.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    I personally feel it just shows how much he wants more attention, book deals, possible TV shows, speaking circuit, ect. Any publicity is better than none....but who knows.
    i always wonder why these people run, like bauchman kowing no way they can win, but to grab donations, interviews and book deals along the way i guess
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    xmacro:

I think the 999 plan is in the right direction for the Fair Tax and get rid of the stupid IRS. The Plan is not perfect and needs work, but I think its in the right direction to get the government out of my pockets.
    I dont care if they are Black,White,Chinese,Hispanic,Women or a Martian we just need a leader that will LEAD. And this isnt the administration that can or will do that IMHO

I actually like a flat/fair tax plan but right now im for any plan that really gets us out of the over spending, mountain of debt mess we are in.

Its a sad day when we have an agreement with Taiwan that says we will go to war with them if china ever attacked them yet we would have to borrow money from china to do it LOL
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    At least Herman has successfully run a business and is not a professional politician. Thats why both sides went on the attack and dredged up all these women. I have heard a lot of accusations but am still waiting on some evidence to back up any of the claims. I don't believe all the acusations but there are way too many of them for him to have a chance. I still favor a flat/fair tax solution just didn't like his version. A national sales tax is much preferred over an income tax any day by me. I think Newt is extremely intelligent and a horrible politician. Romney, well, he is just a another Dem in Repub clothing. Ron Paul is looking better all the time.
  • Options
    Exactly right Gypsy...he is a business man, not a politican....Stick to what your good at-----------------Pizzas and broads;)
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Exactly right Gypsy...he is a business man, not a politican....Stick to what your good at-----------------Pizzas and broads;)
    I mean really WTH? Who here has not groped a few women along the way? Huh?
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    I always wonder why these people run, like bauchman kowing no way they can win, but to grab donations, interviews and book deals along the way i guess

So, whatever happens to unspent campaign funds? Doesn't the unsuccessful candidate usually end up keeping them? Seems like that, in itself, is enough motivation for some folks to run - knowing they stand a snowball's chance of winning.
  • Options
    Marta your EXACTLY right and Ive thought the same thing----VULCHOR FOR PRES IN 2016!!!

Gypsy....Youre also exactly right.....and dont tell my wife.
  • Options
    Vulchor:
    Yes he is a business man and knows how to take a company out of the gutters and make it profitable. I think our Country needs someone like this and focus on getting our economy out of the gutters and stop spending ridiculous amounts of money like our current administration. Yes he has flaws with foreign policies, but we need someone to take care of us, not the rest of the world.
    Has anyone ever listened to his show? He has some great ideas.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    To be fair, there has only been accusations...no proof of a sexual affair with anyone. He has 40-year job history that begins with the Defense Department, then through Coca-Cola, Pillsbury, Burger King, Godfather’s Pizza, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and several years with **** Radio in Atlanta. I just find it rather curious that every single story of sexual misconduct on the part of Herman Cain originated with his tenure at the National Restaurant Association which he only worked for 3 years.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    To be fair, there has only been accusations...no proof of a sexual affair with anyone. He has 40-year job history that begins with the Defense Department, then through Coca-Cola, Pillsbury, Burger King, Godfather’s Pizza, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and several years with **** Radio in Atlanta. I just find it rather curious that every single story of sexual misconduct on the part of Herman Cain originated with his tenure at the National Restaurant Association which he only worked for 3 years.
    This last one (13 year one) has produced phone records now
  • Options
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    It's still all hearsay: Cain denied the accusations. In an interview that aired before White’s allegations were broadcast, Cain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he knows White and that the two had been friends but that there had been no sexual contact and no “affair.” He characterized their relationship as “trying to help a friend” because of her “not having a job etcetera and this sort of thing.”
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    It's still all hearsay though: Cain denied the accusations. In an interview that aired before White’s allegations were broadcast, Cain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he knows White and that the two had been friends but that there had been no sexual contact and no “affair.” He characterized their relationship as “trying to help a friend” because of her “not having a job etcetera and this sort of thing.”
  • Options
    djbeenie:
    djbeenie:
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    It's still all hearsay though: Cain denied the accusations. In an interview that aired before White’s allegations were broadcast, Cain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that he knows White and that the two had been friends but that there had been no sexual contact and no “affair.” He characterized their relationship as “trying to help a friend” because of her “not having a job etcetera and this sort of thing.”
    And you really buy that? Personally I don't but we each have our own opinion so to each his own.
  • Options
    Teege:
    djbeenie:
    djbeenie:
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    And you really buy that? Personally I don't but we each have our own opinion so to each his own.
    I do buy that, I know how crooked Politics can be trying to gain poll numbers. Show some real evidence. In the article they mentioned txt messages. Why did they not inclose what was in the content of those txt messages? If the txt messages had "cheating" messages, what where they? So it's all hearsay in my opinion.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Teege:
    Krieg:
    This only proves that they called each other. Still no solid proof of any wrong doing imo.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Okay, here's the deal. There's lots for me to hate about Mr. Cain. His tax plan was a pipe dream and a pander to the rich that never would have been passed. He's not only inexperienced (I'll forgive anyone that) but appears to be a bit ignorant as far as foreign affairs go. He has a problem with the whole church and state thing. I'm sure others have other opinions, and that's cool.

That being said, the ability to remain faithful to a spouse has no bearing on wether one can be a good president (or almost any other job). I mean come on, people, we're not electing a pope here! His personal life isn't my concern, nor should it be anyone else's. His ideas, political stance, and economic stance matter. Wether or not he can stay zipped up isn't.
  • Options
    While I generally agree Hippie...when someone likes to, or needs to, as the political case may be----speak about morals and the "high road" and something like this happens...................it may not effect his ability to lead, but I love seeing the righteous knocked off their pedestal by their own actions.